Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Archery!!.......

New to Archery!!.......

Here"s a sure fire way to get into it!!.....Ok....2 years ago I talk the wife into buying her own gun!....she did her C.O.R.E and is now a lover of hunting and guns!!.....to make a long story short.....for the last 4yrs I've been wanting to get a bow and try bow hunting!......Finely this Spring I hear that our local Rod and Gun Club is starting an Archery club!!...."honey!... .I'm selling the 7mm mag and getting a bow!!"
    Wife: OK!....But you really like that gun!?
    Me: Sure!.....but it will fetch enough to buy a bow!?
    Wife: What ever!!?

So....we go the the loops yesterday.....and stop by WSS!.....I'm kinda lookin at the bows! The Wife is like what one you like?
    Me: Kinda like that one!
    Wife: Get it then!?
    Me: (What is she playin here) REALLY!!??
    Wife: Sure! What ever keeps you from selling your Guns!

So after some talking to the archery rep! (store manager) a deal was made and I came home with this!!...Can't wait to shoot it!!

So!!....If you want to get into archery!...get your wife hooked on guns and shooting, then threaten to sell your guns for a bow!!......She'll feel your pain!....and hopefully help you out...like mine did!!!

Perry
    The man who smiles when things go wrong....has thought of someone to blame it on!!

Light travels faster than sound!......He looked pretty bright.....Until he spoke!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New to Archery!!.......

Congrats on your new addiction, I mean it you will be hooked. It definitely makes you a better hunter. The net is loaded with info to get you up to speed. Like archery talk.
    "Forty yards n closin"

Archery will get your blood rushing. There is nothing like looking your game in the eye and send the pointy stick after. Close proximity makes a big adrenaline rush.
    So...... you are asking your wife before buying your hunting tools? This idea never crossed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by tadpole View Post
    So...... you are asking your wife before buying your hunting tools? This idea never crossed my mind.
    Nope!!.....Reread post!!......No mention of me asking for permission!!.......I told her what I was doing!......and she disagreed with me selling the gun, she would much rather me keep the gun and have a bow!!..........She is pretty awesome!!

Perry
    The man who smiles when things go wrong....has thought of someone to blame it on!!

Light travels faster than sound!......He looked pretty bright.....Until he spoke!!

Well played.. clap.....clap.....clap
    a Wisers moment for sure.
    Some of us are born into greatness, some have it thrust upon them.......I've had to scratch and claw to achieve mediocraty

Citizens own firearms, subjects don't

Awesome Bow! Stinger 3G, great buy.

Is that a Stinger or a Brute X ? I have a Brute and it looks pretty close, either way when it comes to entry level bows it's pretty hard to go wrong with PSE. Nice strategy with the wife, I'll have to work on that.
    Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon

It's a Stinger
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Yup, PSE, great starter bow, I was lucky to get my first bow purchase approved a while back, 2005. Bought a PSE Bruin, basic simple bow, and does the trick for anything. Just updated the string and shoots great! Will be using it for more years to come!

The first animal with a bow is always a great feeling of accomplishment! Goodluck this upcoming season. Practice Practice Practice!

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

That's awesome Perry! You'll love the archery addiction. There is a ton of 3D shoots in the interior and throughout BC which is a great way to practice in hunting situations. most of the shoots are listed here: http://archeryguy.com/calendar.html