Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turkey Contest Team#2 2013

Re: Turkey Contest Team#2 2013

Anybody Get out yet? I have to get through a long day of work then its off for a couple days

Quote Originally Posted by elkeater View Post
    nope i think its too cool in the morning for them to fire up. im heading out soon though. i have to work this week
    I watched 3 toms strut an gobble for 2 hours this morning 6:00am to 8:00 am - 2C...... since when do cold sheet slow down a horny teenager.

Grant

well maybe they do. im still a rookie. ive never had luck in the mornin

Quote Originally Posted by elkeater View Post
    well maybe they do. im still a rookie. ive never had luck in the mornin

I've always had the mmost luck in the morning. They seem to be more vocal too.
    ~ If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting. ~ Aristotle

I've never had luck in the pm aswell , I've seen them but that's about it,
    there is something magical about the morning, all of my hunts for turkey have been done by 7 am.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrayzer View Post
    Anybody Get out yet? I have to get through a long day of work then its off for a couple days
    Started hunting this morning. Saw nothing,heard nothing. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you have advice for a newb in Creston. Good luck everyone!
    Twist and pull.

Well we have tomorrow morning left out of our 4 day trip...unfortunately I have not got a shot at anything Not looking so good. If castlegar doesn't work hopefully on a weekend will have to try get one closer to kelowna!

It has been tough hunting for us too. Have seen a few birds but mostly on private land we couldn't hunt. Finally got permission somewhere, and had our kids all hidden in the bush with decoys out and a big Tom gobbling 75 yards away when some neighborhood jerkoff pulls into the property and makes a scene. Ruined the experience for our kids. Too bad as most of the locals we met were very friendly. We have left the valley and trying further north for a couple days.
    Twist and pull.

Quote Originally Posted by hunting_princess View Post
    Well we have tomorrow morning left out of our 4 day trip...unfortunately I have not got a shot at anything Not looking so good. If castlegar doesn't work hopefully on a weekend will have to try get one closer to kelowna!
    Try Merry creek in Castlegar lots of Turkey's up there

wow. i had two toms come in to thirty yards and stop tonight. im thinking i need some decoys. boy it was fun though!