Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: join ubbc

Re: join ubbc

416-Another question. Why are you wanting to get into bow hunting?

Is the UBBC a member of the BCWF?
    What has the UBBC done to enhance and protect the hunting opportunities for all hunters?
    What will the UBBC do to enhance and protect the hunting opportunities of all hunters in the future?
    Or, is the BCWF a member of the UBBC? No on both counts. This is a long discussion, however, years, years of bowhunters attempting to work from within the BCWF to provide a more diversified hunting opportunity in BC have failed. We have lived with the status quo for so long that many hunters in BC (not just bowhunters) are not represented by the BCWF.

Granted, the Government would still believe the BCWF represents all hunters in BC, but that is simply good marketing on behalf of the BCWF. The BCWF does some good work on behalf of the heritage of hunting and this should be appreciated by all sportsmen.

The UBBC has worked directly to bring about new opportunity. In Region 4 the Any elk season (now any elk below 1100 m) and the new late season whitetail season. The turkey hunting enjoyed by bow and shotgun enthusiast, was brought to you by hard work and questionnaires distributed to land owners, through the UBBC.

The UBBC is relatively new and while there are no documented occurances of where the UBBC has "protected" the rights of hunting, there is a very real opportunity to be realized through a diversified approach if the UBBC can get the message through.

By providing enhanced opportunity, more hunting opportunity, by working towards education of hunters and non hunters, the UBBC will establish a framework where Government and hunters can work together and together secure hunter recruitment. Hunter recruitment and hunter retention are the essence of your right to hunt.

The current Youth hunts that so many people have opinions about was in fact the birth child of the TBBC/UBBC recognizing the need to involve youth in the hunt and focus on getting youth involved.

A quick synopsis.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Rainwater
    Kirby, Well your a bowhunter ,maybe you should explain why there is a special bowonly season instead of always playin' the devils advocate.
    I did answer it, I just sent him a PM as any response on these threads warrents attacks, either by me or the other guys(you)

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

Rainwater Guest

I don't answer PM'S Kirby! NOT PMS.

PM sent as to my post earlier, As always JT well said.
    Ok boy's time to move on.

FullDraw
    Traditional Bowhunters of B.C. (region 2)
    United Bowhunters of B.C. (life time member)
    BCWF
    Chilliwack Fish & Game
    IDPA

Quote Originally Posted by Rainwater
    I don't answer PM'S Kirby! NOT PMS.
    I didn't sent you one, I sent the Hermit one.

Who said anything about PMS?

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

I know I sent Hermit one to, I guess Hermit is a popular guy.

FullDraw
    Traditional Bowhunters of B.C. (region 2)
    United Bowhunters of B.C. (life time member)
    BCWF
    Chilliwack Fish & Game
    IDPA

416 wrote
    l used the search engine on this website and if the opinions expressed are indicative of the organization towards folks with crossbows,
    I find a post such as this is for on thing which it had done raised( made people get PO). A person should investigate the org (UBBC) themselves then make a valid comment. I know it will take some effort. Key board courage should not be engaged or tolerated!!!!

UBBC is for hunters that use bows, that makes you a bowhunter and here's the link http://www.ubbc.ca/about/index.htm check it out.
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock
    Aaarrgghhhh. Why did I beat myself over the head with a bat? Because it felt so good when i quit. Special bow opportunity reason's have been explained a million times. If a person can't figure out why it is tougher to bag an animal with a bow than it is with a rifle I don't think they should be allowed in the woods. This horse sh-t has got to stop. And this is why the rift between bow hunters and rifle hunters is widening!!!!
    I wasn't asking about why it is tougher to hunt with a bow, that is rather obvious and it is exactly the reason I am taking up bow hunting... for a different kind of challenge!

I don't appreciate being ripped on for asking a simple question and accused of being lazy for not looking up and sorting through a mountain of crap to get some simple answers. If YOU don't have anything helpful to say then say nothing, and better yet ignore the thread.

Thanks to J_T and others for your insights and info. I'll likely be joining the UBBC this year.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

OK so I just fired off my membership

Hermit- My thoughts after witnessing/ being ripped on myself as a crossbow hunter....well I'm going to try to understand from the inside instead of getting flack for asking relatively simple questions like you lol.

UBBC- As a business person & with much experience in non-profit groups, I have grave concerns as to your membership fee structure. You have only a certain percentage of resident hunters that have a keen interest in perhaps joining this org. If most of that percentage, do like I did and join as a lifetime member for $50......how will the org be run if there are mostly lifetime members lol? If all members join up as lifers and with perhaps a 5-10% increase in members a year that leaves very little coming in each year on membership fees eventually no???
    Beverly

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"