Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: join ubbc

Re: join ubbc

DOH!! (slaps forehead)...sorry gate....missed the smiley's!!

Of course any chance to throw my opinion out there works for me too!!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by jessbennett
    kirby, so what your trying to say is focus entirely on the youth and not worry about anyone else?????? sorry if im misunderstanding you or sounding like a"selfish bowhunter", but that is NOT right. very true that the youth is a very important factor in the survival of hunting, but it is NOT the only factor.
    I am not supporting that ONLY the youths be given advantages. I do support archery only seasons, and do support other special interest groups. However when certain people constantly complain about gun toting youth behind every bush during their "bow only" seasons then say that they don't really work I see a conflicting statement.

I would personally rather see more drive to recruit youth than increase archery seasons. Ideas such as where youth are on a special license and afforded other breaks are great, however like Hunter4life pointed out school can get in the way of a youths hunt, this is where early season youth hunts come into play.

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

How about a drive to increase youth hunters and increase bowhunting opportunity...?

I think the idea of the extended youth season is great... Aug 15 to Sept 10 would work too.

I also think it would be absolutley fantastic if their fathers/mothers would get out there with them and share the outdoors together!

I also think encouraging new hunters, regardless of their age, is a good thing. Maybe we could have a regulation allowing new hunters for their first two seasons access for the early season too!

I doubt any of these options or all of them combined would have much of an impact on bow hunters. Open the door and let them in!!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."