Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: join ubbc

join ubbc

with all you guys buying bows join the ubbc and give it a chance to work its onely 10 dollars for 2 years.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: join ubbc

A personal opinion and observation: Recently, l decided my next purchase in broadening my hunting horizons will be a crossbow. l used the search engine on this website and if the opinions expressed are indicative of the organization towards folks with crossbows, (which are legally considered archery gear).......thanks but no thanks. All l was looking for was opinions on various crossbows out on the market and was surprised to find the animosity that seems to exist between long bow versus crossbows users.
    I belong to a fish&game club which has a healthy componante of archery buffs who seem to get along fine, no matter what choice the individuals make, so l will be checking out that source in the new year.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

The UBBC supports ALL legal bowhunting tackle. That includes crossbows

There are varying opinions re crossbows throughout the province. An individuals opinions are his/hers alone.

Gord

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 416
    A personal opinion and observation: Recently, l decided my next purchase in broadening my hunting horizons will be a crossbow. l used the search engine on this website and if the opinions expressed are indicative of the organization towards folks with crossbows, (which are legally considered archery gear).......thanks but no thanks. All l was looking for was opinions on various crossbows out on the market and was surprised to find the animosity that seems to exist between long bow versus crossbows users.
    I belong to a fish&game club which has a healthy componante of archery buffs who seem to get along fine, no matter what choice the individuals make, so l will be checking out that source in the new year.
    Check out the Crossbow that Brother Jack has for sale on this site. It is good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by sealevel
    with all you guys buying bows join the ubbc and give it a chance to work its onely 10 dollars for 2 years.
    Just took a look. $10.00 for 3 years. Sounds cheap to me

Cheaper than the BCAA

FullDraw
    Traditional Bowhunters of B.C. (region 2)
    United Bowhunters of B.C. (life time member)
    BCWF
    Chilliwack Fish & Game
    IDPA

Rainwater Guest

The UBBC does support all legal archery hunting methods in the Province and no one on this site is representing them in any other way. If you like the bow only seasons you have (or had) and want a few more then join up, theres no debate. If your a bowhunter then it's going to be well worth it along with the pride that will come from being at the forefront of the well being of bowhunting op's in our beloved province.

I don't pretend to understand this whole crossbow vs recurve vs compoubnd thing. Nor do I understand why archery only seasons exist. Can someone please explain?

Just so its clear... I am not trolling!!! I don't have a problem with it and in fact plan to take full advantage of the added time in the field. I simply don't understand the rationale behind the special privilege?

Oh and what does UBBC stand for? Link to the website?
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

What is there to understand some members of certain archey styles don't like or approve of other way's to fling arrows be it traditional compound or x bows. Face it you can't please everybody in this world. Choose the style you like and spend your time making sure you make good clean shots over and over and the main thing is to have fun that's what it should be about.

2nd:If you plan on taking advantage of this so called specail privilege why would you waste your time wondering the rationale behind it? Why not get out and take advantage of it?

3rd: ubbc.ca United Bow Hunters Of British Columbia a group of dedicated bow hunters working together with goverment to keep the
    so-called specail privilege bow hunter season open for the extended bow hunting seasons that your looking to take advantage of.

Hope this helps....FullDraw

ubbc.ca
    Traditional Bowhunters of B.C. (region 2)
    United Bowhunters of B.C. (life time member)
    BCWF
    Chilliwack Fish & Game
    IDPA

Hermit,

I'm going to be in Victoria the 3rd to the 5th. I'd love to sit down with you and have this discussion and between us perhaps we could work towards a post for here that is informative in nature and not judgemental.

I feel qualified to answer your question, however I am not at all interested in resurrecting arguements that should remain dormant.

Crossbows in BC are legal archery tackle and I support that. I also support all archers being the best they can. I believe the transition from rifle to bow brings on a need to modify ones approach to the pursuit of game. As always, it is the transition that causes perhaps the most conflict.

Anyway, would like to talk to you about this. You know how to get hold of me.

JT