Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Camouflage Vs. No camouflage?

Re: Camouflage Vs. No camouflage?

i like when people wear full camo and drive around the fsr's... that way when they get out to take a piss the deer cant see them

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    Big game animals (deer, moose, elk, etc.) are colour blind, so there is really no need for camo, just wear bright orange so you won't get shot. Straight Shootin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    Do you need camo, simply no. The only reason I, and alot of other hunters I know, is because it is the specifically designed for hunting. Has numerous pockets, is quiet, and waterproof. If it is a nice day and I am just out for a walk I will wear jeans and a t-shirt.
    ^^ yup. A lot of good hunting cloths are made in camo. And it looks cool while road hunting. lol Usually if the weather is good it's just Carharts and a hoody or for me
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

For snow wear white (like a butchers apron), although colour blind the white matches the snow and has worked wonders for me, also have something behind you to break up your silhouette.

I like camo bikinis best

I think if your not trying to get closer then 100 yards before you pull the trigger, you only have to worry about scent control and movement. That being said I usually try to get to 30 yards or less because I'm using a bow. I've been busted at close range, and would like to think that the camo does give me a small advantage when I'm close.

I agree with most, camo is not essential for deer/elk/moose. Having said that, I do have lots of camo clothes for hunting, but its a mix of lots of different patterns, mostly picked up on sale. But depending on your style of hunting like Allen said, if you bow hunt or if its your intention on stalking in as close as you can before you shoot then being dressed in camo doesn't hurt and can help break up your silhouette to some degree. In these situations, I think camo can help you get away with a bit of movement.

Dirty work clothes seem to work really well. I have some camo but when I look at pictures of myself in scree from 100-150 yards away I am just as hard to see in my work clothes (stannie and filthy brown/grey carhartts). I would say spend the money on optics if you have a budget going. If not, some of the kuiu stuff is pretty nice looking (looks like it is well designed for athletic movement/severe conditions). Arcteryx makes some awesome army stuff but it is outrageously priced. If you can get it on sale it is great. I got a great arcteryx army pack that is ideal for backpack hunting/backcountry skiing/hiking/Afghanistan!

Not wearing camo will eliminate your chances of getting something while road hunting. If road hunting you must wear camo so the deer don't spot you in the vehicle.

For hunting outside of the truck anything other than white will work just fine.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Keep quiet, still, and try not to expose yourself obviously. Camouflage helps, but it's not a great factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Thanks for all the input, I appreciate the help! Looks like camo is nice, but not absolutely essential especially at longer ranges. And like someone said, I think I'll work with what I have and spend the money on optics--Much more essential.

-BJack

Us northerners always have a good laugh when the southern boys show up all dressed in camo, and they never get out of the truck,,,I guess nobody told them they should camo the truck...lol
    Seriously though, I never bother with camo, and I see lots of game