Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Camouflage Vs. No camouflage?

Re: Camouflage Vs. No camouflage?

Camo is kind of tacky.
    Especially when the dude has a camo belt to match his camo socks.
    CMON NOW

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Camo is kind of tacky.
    Especially when the dude has a camo belt to match his camo socks.
    CMON NOW
    Yep I bought a bunch of 'woodland camo' everything and looked like GI Joe, then I found out most animals are colour blind. Now I just buy sturdy pants at Eddie Bauer or Mark's. Works fine... I did spend on my boots though. Gotta have comfy feet.

I have had my fair share of close encounters with moose when fully camoed and went un noticed. I'm a positive they either didn't notice me or didn't see me as a threat, even when staring right at me within bow range. Sure you can get animals with out it but if you are able to get just one more in your life time Because you blended into your surroundings wearing camo it is worth it to me. Bow hunting where close is a must it's only logical that being able to blend in will give you an edge at some point
    another plus is being able to hide from other hunters if encountered.
    Team Toyota
    Hoyt rampage xt
    husky 30-06

never owned camo until my lovely wife bought me a nice jacket...I do wear it for hunting because, as others have said, it has lots of pockets, it's warm, is silent/quiet materials....previously just wore a mack jacket and army battle fatigues....old pair of green coveralls too if needed...I am way more fashionable in the woods now......heheheheheh

Good thread. Worth resurrecting.
    l do wear camo but, when hunting, I am more frequently seen in an old pair of grey wool pants and a Stanfields undershirt.
    I was taught at an early age that there are 3 basics. Be Silent. Be Still. Be Scent aware.
    The right clothing can help keep but a camo pattern is not necessary.
    Semper in excretum altum

Quote Originally Posted by Brno22F View Post
    Good thread. Worth resurrecting.
    l do wear camo but, when hunting, I am more frequently seen in an old pair of grey wool pants and a Stanfields undershirt.
    I was taught at an early age that there are 3 basics. Be Silent. Be Still. Be Scent aware.
    The right clothing can help keep but a camo pattern is not necessary.

Love the comment and recognition about the "3 basics".

Thought.......
    Lose Google Earth
    Lose social media "X" s on the map
    Lose ur high end camo
    Lose ur high end long range firearm
    Lose ur premium optics
    Lose all modern advantages....

Comes back to the 3 core basics.

Those before us, when we were a knuckle dragging species, they killed, fed their families, survived, with the most primitive of weapons......wasn't about what they wore.

All advantages that the modern world offers in hunting is negated (for the most part) if you ignore the basics.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Uncle has killed more animals in jeans and a blue jean jacket than i will ever even get a chance too

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Quote Originally Posted by Newhunter7 View Post
    Hello, I am brand new to hunting and I have so many questions. Most answers I am quickly finding by doing research and reviewing other threads, but I cant seem to find a straight answer for this: Camo or not? I am looking to get into big game hunting in BC regions 2 and 3. I understand that it obviously helps, but is it essential?
    If yes, what brands/types of gear would experienced hunters recommend and why? And do the different camo patterns make a difference?
    And if no, what alternatives do you suggest?

Thanks for the help!
    Yes it helps but certainly not essential. In fact many don't like the Military aspect of Camo and use what we used to use - dark earth couloured Garmets.

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

I have had my fair share of close encounters with moose when fully camoed and went un noticed. I'm a positive they either didn't notice me or didn't see me as a threat, even when staring right at me within bow range. Sure you can get animals with out it but if you are able to get just one more in your life time Because you blended into your surroundings wearing camo it is worth it to me. Bow hunting where close is a must it's only logical that being able to blend in will give you an edge at some point
    I have had plenty of bow range encounters with deer without wearing camo. I have no doubt that good camo will improve your odds of not being made when caught out in the open, but you can get plenty close if you can break your silhouette with the terrain/vegetation and mind the wind. Really it is about the basics as was said above, even good camo won't help you if you can't keep still or are splashing your scent everywhere it shouldn't be.