Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird PAL?!?

Weird PAL?!?

So when in High school i got in a dumb fight and was Charged, and it bitting me in my ass now, Because of this, I have to take the pal course,( when i already challenged the test and passed!) this was 15 years ago, and it was dropped outa court and never did P.O or anything! so it shouldnt be a Record. So now i have to re take the test and pass the course. But this is weird because if you read the fire arm act it states......

"
    AUTHORIZED POSSESSION

Eligibility to Hold Licences

General Rules

Marginal note:Public safety

• 5. (1) A person is not eligible to hold a licence if it is desirable, in the interests of the safety of that or any other person, that the person not possess a firearm, a cross-bow, a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device, ammunition or prohibited ammunition.
    • Marginal note:Criteria

(2) In determining whether a person is eligible to hold a licence under subsection (1), a chief firearms officer or, on a reference under section 74, a provincial court judge shall have regard to whether the person, within the previous five years,

• (a) has been convicted or discharged under section 730 of the Criminal Code of

• (i) an offence in the commission of which violence against another person was used, threatened or attempted,
        • (ii) an offence under this Act or Part III of the Criminal Code,
        • (iii) an offence under section 264 of the Criminal Code (criminal harassment), or
        • (iv) an offence relating to the contravention of subsection 5(1) or (2), 6(1) or (2) or 7(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act;

• (b) has been treated for a mental illness, whether in a hospital, mental institute, psychiatric clinic or otherwise and whether or not the person was confined to such a hospital, institute or clinic, that was associated with violence or threatened or attempted violence on the part of the person against any person; or
      • (c) has a history of behaviour that includes violence or threatened or attempted violence on the part of the person against any person.

this was 15 years ago, i cant believe it! it is what it is, and i have to take the course. Just a heads up for anyone eles that might have something from a youth. EVEN if it get thrown outa court its still a record.

I was iffy to post this as people might judge me, BUt i just want to see what other people have t say about this, now i know why it was taking so long... It is what it is, and ill do what i have too do! Wish me luck. No is no reason to argue with them i shall do as they ask!

Tell me what you think??????

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Weird PAL?!?

COuld you be a bit more clear? Are you being denied a PAL for a fight you had when you were a minor, that resulted in no conviction?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

You need to clarify your story, whats the problem, you are renewing your Pal and they are trying to bring this up now and make you go through the test again ? Unlikely.

This is why the CFO needs to be ousted, they all too often try to play judge and jury. It's b.s.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

New Applicant i am not being denied my Pal. I have to take the course, I challenged the test but they said becuase of the charge i have to take the COURSE. But the charge was droped in court and was never Convicted. this is the part i dont understand, I have a job where a record check is required and it was fine nothing came up, so i dont know just gota pay the 150 and do what i gota do. BUt they said when i do it and send it in there is no waiting again, im approved once i do the course!

Northern BC, wherever gas in the truck will move me

My advice is to take the course - this is not the bridge to die on. However, after this, join the cause with many of us, donate to the CSSA, and advocate where possible.

Is it fair? No.

Is it correct? No.

Is there any rhyme or reason to it? No.

Do we have to deal with it? Unfortunately...

Its weird how things like that work. My friend went through the process of back and forth for 11 months for an assault charge he had a couple years back. Still I minor though. At least there is no waiting involved when you finish the course. Kent in Cloverdale is good if you have to take the class. Unless you already have a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukeoflawnchair View Post
    My advice is to take the course - this is not the bridge to die on. However, after this, join the cause with many of us, donate to the CSSA, and advocate where possible.

Is it fair? No.

Is it correct? No.

Is there any rhyme or reason to it? No.

Do we have to deal with it? Unfortunately...
    Yea im going to do the course it is what it is, Im glad, Not mad, that they do there check,because now i feel safe that i know they do there job and make sure that a crazy doesnt get pals~! Its for the safety of all of us, and it is a good thing! But it sucks it happened too me, surprized they could even use it against me, there has to be a law that doesnt allow this, Looks like ill be doing a lil reading on the fire arms act and the criminal act. But like u said its not the bridge to die on!

Quote Originally Posted by Moe.JKU View Post
    Its weird how things like that work. My friend went through the process of back and forth for 11 months for an assault charge he had a couple years back. Still I minor though. At least there is no waiting involved when you finish the course. Kent in Cloverdale is good if you have to take the class. Unless you already have a guy.
    i understand y they would make him do it, if it was a few years ago, Mine on the other hand was 14 or 15 years ago! its a good thing!

I've never heard of this. What the hell is taking the course going to do if you have already passed the test? How long ago did you challenge the test?
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

its understandable if you look at it from the perspective of the CFO. If they issue you a PAL, with no questions asked and something comes of this (ie:you actually are a crazy,lol) its their ass that fries in court when you shoot up the shopping mall with your legal firearm.
    The CFO is just trying to cover his ass.
    "Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."
    --John Wayne