Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Grizzly Monashee LEH 8-24

Re: Spring Grizzly Monashee LEH 8-24

Thanks 6.5x55mm I will do that.

Went out today to check out access and sign on the North Fork Rd by Sugar Lake. 2-3 feet of snow, but road is plowed to 43.5 km. Needs another 2 weeks at least before this area will be good to hunt.

You mean Sugar Lk FSR?

Only road I can think of in that area that'd be plowed, and it's for Monashee Powder Adventures.....

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    You mean Sugar Lk FSR?

Only road I can think of in that area that'd be plowed, and it's for Monashee Powder Adventures.....
    Yes thats the only one plowed... No harvesting out that way yet... Sleds... Fair amount of snow still. 21degrees in Lumby today. Thats a good sign!!
    "Pimpin' aint easy"

Yup, I meant to say Sugar Lake FSR...I had North Fork and South Fork on my list of roads to try, but didn't get to them yet.

Won't be getting anywhere meaningful up South Fork for awhile, and North Fork will be later yet.....

If your into hiking that powder cats operation is good place to start later in the spring.

Flew Mabel this Fall enroute to Golden. Powerlines as soon as they green looks like a good start. Didn't seen any Brown hair, but the area looks prime. good luck!

I checked out some studies done by provincial biologists around Prince George and the data shows that the radio collared Mountain Griz emerged from their dens around first or second week of May, so I'm guessing the ones further South might emerge a week or two earlier. Data indicates they den up on South facing slopes and hang around the den sites 3-6 days after emerging from the den. I will still get out in April though to keep checking for sign.

Quote Originally Posted by bc_archer View Post
    I checked out some studies done by provincial biologists around Prince George and the data shows that the radio collared Mountain Griz emerged from their dens around first or second week of May, so I'm guessing the ones further South might emerge a week or two earlier. Data indicates they den up on South facing slopes and hang around the den sites 3-6 days after emerging from the den. I will still get out in April though to keep checking for sign.
    Got a link to that data, I'd like to read it.....

I could see sows denning a little later, but I'd be a little suspect of a grizz boar hanging around a "South" slope den till mid may......