Thread: Are their any good rabbit and squirrel hunting spots in kelowna?

Exclamation Are their any good rabbit and squirrel hunting spots in kelowna?

Hay guys I am just looking for a couple good hunting spots to go with my friends.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Are their any good rabbit and squirrel hunting spots in kelowna?

As has been mentioned many times .... dont be shootin the squirrels ... lots of rascally rabbits up towards dee lakes / aberdeen plateau

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Ok thanks for pointing that out, can’t believe how wrong I was and how right you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I don't know why he always attacks me so vicously.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    As has been mentioned many times .... dont be shootin the squirrels ... lots of rascally rabbits up towards dee lakes / aberdeen plateau
    why would you say dont shoot squirrels? just curious as to why people say that....
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Quote Originally Posted by 604redneck View Post
    why would you say dont shoot squirrels? just curious as to why people say that....
    Red squirrels are furbearers and can only be taken under a trappers licenses

So if you don't hold a trappers license you are poaching

but..gray and fox squirrels are free to shoot anywhere at anytime in bc...no need hunting licence /////no shooting inside citylimits//

Quote Originally Posted by finngun View Post
    but..gray and fox squirrels are free to shoot anywhere at anytime in bc...no need hunting licence /////no shooting inside citylimits//
    thats what i thought
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Grayback Fsr or anywhere on the 201 in that area is polluted with rabbits. They come out on the road near dusk. Tons of fun. Use a bow, much more challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by lovetohunt View Post
    Hay guys I am just looking for a couple good hunting spots to go with my friends.
    Well, from some of the huge buck pictures I've seen taken around the Kelowna area, your already in some of the best Deer hunting grounds in the province! And, not trying to rain on your parade, but I'm not real sure how many guys are willing to give up a good spot where they've see a big buck or two. Your best bet might be to put on a few miles preseason driving and hiking the hills around Kelowna with your buddy's and see if you guys can find a few good spots you can call "Your Hot Spot" or our"Honey Hole" and just see whats out there? If someones got a area where he's seen decent animals and maybe has taken one or two good bucks out of. Asking him the exact location is like asking him for his Girl Friends phone number and where she lives, then trying to borrow a Condom from him too boot!!! It just won't happen! Good Luck in the up and coming season!