Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dumping goose carcasses

Re: Dumping goose carcasses

Its not the most ethical to throw birds in the trash... but its flat out stupid to put them in the paths of dog walkers!! Its good to decompose them but keep them out of site of the antis.. jeez some hunters are brain dead I tell ya.

How is disposing of Bird remains in the garbage not that ethical? They go to landfill and decompose?
    Every day in the bush is a day you get back from the Reaper!

VGC
    SVRGC
    BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by biggyun68 View Post
    How is disposing of Bird remains in the garbage not that ethical? They go to landfill and decompose?
    It's not an ethics thing, it's illegal to throw ANY carcasses in a landfill...

As someone who has spent a LIFETIME in the "north" and ranched guided, packed. cowboyed and hunted EXTENSIVELY. I concur that only an IDIOT!!! be they in the LM. Island or the "North" woul;d dump a doz. goose carcasses or a single deer head, hide and legs in a high traffic area where all it takes is 1 treehugging vegan to stumble across them and the $hit storm will start weather you live in the 604, 250 or even the 867 area code.. We already fight an uphill immage battle daily and even a coyote doesnt $hit in its own nest. Ther is NO REASONABLE argument to the contrary.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by digger dogger View Post
    It's not an ethics thing, it's illegal to throw ANY carcasses in a landfill...
    Actually the NRD has an area for carcasses in their dump site. But thats not my argument I certainly dont haul my "gut piles" to the dump but to dump them where they will be surelly be found by the general public is not the thing to do either.
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 03-18-2013 at 07:22 AM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

I'm pretty sure these geese were breasted and then dumped at the same spot. Point is it made a mess that would have offended anyone, hunter or not, that came through the area.
    At the very least it was a bad case of littering. Wouldn't have taken a lot of effort to dispose of them in a more appropiate spot.

I'm not defending anyone here, I read a couple posts about dumping the gooses carcasses in a landfill, and around here (604) it's illegal to dumpem...
    Agreed it only take 30 seconds to get them in the bush a bit deeper.. NRD allows it, I guess I have a heluva drive to get rid of the carcasses for next season, Is Fort Nelson, in the NRD foxty.. (just kiddding)

I didn't realize it was illegal to dump carcasses in a landfill (I've never done it as I've only hunted on private land where we leave our duck carcasses in a back corner of the property). Thanks for the heads up!

I just got of the phone with COV you dispose of geese parts/carcasses by double bagging them and put in the trash.
    Every day in the bush is a day you get back from the Reaper!

VGC
    SVRGC
    BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by biggyun68 View Post
    I just got of the phone with COV you dispose of geese parts/carcasses by double bagging them and put in the trash.
    No offence but I think you got bad info! I've gone in circles with the COV about this and it has always ended up that you can't dispose of them at the landfill. K