Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Typical Blacktail!!

Re: Non-Typical Blacktail!!

Go ahead.

Rain on the lucky hunters parade and say it must be a hybrid.

Sour grapes, I say.

Incidentaly, how would one go about proving a deer is or is not a hybrid?
    Besides shooting it on an Island.
    Blktail

If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Sorry dude, but id never whisper the word "hybrid". Yes im probably the biggest skeptic when it comes to trophy BT's , shot on the mainland. I drove the bella coola hill, and on that hill i saw a group of BT's, drove around the next switchback and there was a bunch of mulies! Huge difference!!!! They do overlap, but theres a difference between them! Its my "opinion" that alot of these "TROPHY BT's" look alot like mulies to me!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

Way I understand, if the location is in doubt, the skull cap is measured. Blacktails only are a certain size from pedicle to pedicle. Even small muleys exceed that size. Of course, DNA also will play a roll if in real doubt. Chances are if it was across the B&C line it probably was a purebred, as that line was established to try to eliminate any confusion of purity. From my limited understanding of blackies, that buck has the right look. Slammer buck no doubt.

I agree, that in the first pic, the deer has a small head! But if all we saw was the second pic, and no story, is there even one person on this forum that would think that buck is a Blacktail? If so why?

Well Mark, maybe that's why 2 pics of this buck were posted together. At least he didn't stand 20 feet behind it or hold it way in front of him in his garage.
    Here's another pic of the blackie.

Quote Originally Posted by dana
    Well Mark, maybe that's why 2 pics of this buck were posted together. At least he didn't stand 20 feet behind it or hold it way in front of him in his garage.
    Amen to that

Quote Originally Posted by dana
    Oh come on Dana!! That WASN'T HIS garage .
    SSS

SSS,
    At least he's not as bad as those yahoo's with that cougar on HS. BTW that thing was killed last year or even the year before. Funny how the so-called lion experts on that site think that lion is huge.

Gee, i state my "OPINION" (which i think im entitled too) and a few observations. And suddenly i get bashed for the way i hold a buck in a pic! Is everyone a little up-tight tonight?

Mark,
    Wasn't your first comment to Tuffer on his buck last month was that his pics were aweful? Dude, his pics were wayyy wayyy better than yours weren't they?