Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Range Finder

Range Finder

Has any one of you had any experience with range finders for rifle hunting? I’m originally from out east and was blessed with the opportunity to move to BC. This mountain hunting in BC is throwing me off for distances. We could never see that far back home. If I’m going to make a shot I want to make sure that my rifle is going to be on target. I don’t want to make a bad judgment and hit him high or low. 8O Has anyone used a range finder and what are your comments on any certain type I should or shouldn’t get.

Thanks.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

2. Site Sponsor

bone-collector Guest

painted critters

yes marc we use them all the time, I havent found any bad ones yet only bad prices , a bushnell 800 is plenty as it will pick a hard target @ 600 yards and a metalic target at 800 , depending on size of hard target , we use them guiding for the hunters , alot of them have the same problem you are

bushnell yardage pros are about the most popular and afordable I think , that I would purchase

RANGEFINDER

Marc
    I have a Bushnell yardage pro 800 and have been happy with it.It will even pick up the float distance when we are prawning.We tried that to test it out.If you want to try one before you buy you are welcome to borrow mine anytime.
    grizz

Yardage Pro Sport

I have a Bushnell Yardage Pro Sport It's about 1/2 the price of the nice ones but works fine. I find myself only using it for a little while once I've climed into a newish area, I scan to fixed landmarks and put it away. The best thing in the year I've owned it, is my ability to judge distance, I take it in the bush when I go scouting or just bush wacking. I now know the differance between 200yds and 300yds. One of those toys you never needed till you own one, but now I can't leave home without it. Buy the best you can afford you won't be sorry. steeleco

Hey Grizz I may take you up on that offer for the spring bear season if you dont mind, or are you going out too?

Marc.

BCWF

Spring

Marc
    I don't generally go out for bear and I only go once a year on the Island for deer.If you want to pick it up sometime just to get familiar with it you are welcome.I often take it with me even if I just go for a ride.It can sure make a liar out of most people on distance judging.
    Grizz

Thanks for the kind offer Grizz, I'll probibly take you up on it in the spring. I'd like to do the ultimate trial on it on a bear. That's if you let me.

BCWF

Has anyone used a rangefinder during a rain storm and what kind of results did you have?
    Todd

Nails I beleave there is a rain mode on them. DAN>>>

Hi Dan I have heard they have a rain mode. I did not explain myself very good. I wanted to know how waterproof or resistant are they. I have heard some models are waterproof but don't know for sure. If anyone has used it in the rain, and had it damaged.
    Todd