Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Bowhunting License? Extended Archery Seasons? More Archery LEH's?

Re: Bowhunting License? Extended Archery Seasons? More Archery LEH's?

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    The only special interest groups that need increased opportunity, are us SENIORS and YOUTH!!! Flyfishers, bowhunters and the rest of them can go pound sand!!! Modern bow tackle and cross-bows with scopes are not primative weapons!! Lots of whinning goes on here on this site about 1 law and rules for ALL residents of this province!!! Gatehouse is right, NO MORE FEES for anything!!!----Cheers---Field Marshal.
    Well this thread about to degenerate beyond redemption as is the fate of most of it's kind. So I might as well speed along it's demise.

Field Marshal. You are part of a group that has special seasons open to you based on no merit or virtue of your own, solely your age. AND you get greatly reduced licence fees as well. Then you claim there should be " one law for ALL". Kind'a hypocritical, don't you think?

If it really is about retention and recruitment, then any opportunity that forwards that goal should be embraced by all. Otherwise you're just doing the talking without the walking.

And as Wild One has said several times, the moose model used in parts of Reg. 6 has been able to offer enhanced opportunities for a many users. I have never drawn an LEH for 6 and I don't rifle hunt anymore, so I take advantage of the archery season. The hunters that don't bow hunt, plan for their yearly moose hunt, with friends, families and guns. Some do both. The lucky LEH winners have their choice. Sounds like a lot of win!
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Of all the "restrictive" seasons we have in place to provide opportunity while limiting harvest, bow seasons are the most inclusive. While I don't have a problem with youth and senior seasons, they do in fact discriminate by age. LEH excludes those who don't draw. Bow seasons are available to everybody! More and more people are hunting with them and I, for one, would like to see the managers made aware of that fact in some way. If it takes an extra license to accomplish that I'm good with it.
    Don't ever forget that you just may wind up being wrong!! -- Jimmy Buffet

The wheels will get road off every opportunity given out, history confirms that.

hey Hermy'....for a pastime that ain't particularly popular it sure can garner some long conversations hey?

When I bought my licence and bear tag a few weeks ago, the girl at wholesale asked me if I bow hunted and recorded my "yes" on a government form. So the government is tracking numbers in that way.

so, do the people who seem to "want" to pay for a bowhunting licence also think gas prices aren't high enough?

how 'bout food and beer? maybe we should be paying more for those also.

maybe we should have to show our bullets before each hunt and pay a fee for each round fired off. just for the sake of shelling out more $$.

this is as stupid as paying for an extra flyfishing licence.
    or how about a whole second licence to be legal to drive a car "and" a truck?

Quote Originally Posted by bugler View Post
    Of all the "restrictive" seasons we have in place to provide opportunity while limiting harvest, bow seasons are the most inclusive. While I don't have a problem with youth and senior seasons, they do in fact discriminate by age. LEH excludes those who don't draw. Bow seasons are available to everybody! More and more people are hunting with them and I, for one, would like to see the managers made aware of that fact in some way. If it takes an extra license to accomplish that I'm good with it.
    why are you concerned about the "managers"?
    what is it you think they need to be doing?

here's what they would do if they were to realize that there's a huge base of bowhunters.
    they would bring in more restrictions to bowhunting.
    and find ways to apply more money-grabs.
    similar to everything else that is found to be getting popular.
    text messaging was free when cell phones started. but once they were able to see how popular it had become, "bang", start charging for that shit.
    propane used to be dirt cheap. then they started seeing more and more people converting their vehicles over to it. "bang", propane prices soar.

that's what's nice about bowhunting being viewed as not that popular.
    even if they went crazy and started the procedures of eventully confiscated everyone's firearms.
    at least we'd always be able to still hunt, since there's always the bowhunting option.
    but sure as shit, if it became licenced, they'd be viewed and regulated like guns eventually.
    then, it could get to the point where our only option to still hunt would be with a sharpened stick.