Thread: Fall away rest and fletching, and peep sight

Fall away rest and fletching, and peep sight

I just recently ordered my first fall away arrow rest, moving on from a whisker biscuit. What's the best orientation to set my nock/fletching in? Should my cock-fletch be down or sideways?

Also, how hard is it to use a butter knife to separate my string to install a peep site? I don't have a string separator or a bow press unfortunately.
    Last edited by Shensmobile; 03-05-2013 at 07:24 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fall away rest and fletching, and peep sight

What rest did you buy?

Don't poke anything through your string while it is under full tension. Some will argue, but I won't even use a proper string separator without releasing tension. To easy to damage strands. Strings aren't cheap and blow ups are dangerous.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Company-.../dp/B000KORPHW

Was advised that it's quite a good fall away rest, especially at that price.

And alright, I just read that it should be okay, but I'll get it done at the pro shop. I wish I had a bow press.

I just put a Quality archery design drop away and it is the bomb. In fact I will sell u my old drop away. Ecause I'm never going back.

Thats a martin alien fang drop away, not to bad. equals the rip cord in performance from my understanding. just a little narrow. cock fletch UP in this unit
    Some of us are born into greatness, some have it thrust upon them.......I've had to scratch and claw to achieve mediocraty

Citizens own firearms, subjects don't

If you have a fast bow, that rest may not drop quick enough. Cock feather up. Check the fletches, regularly, for signs of impact with the rest forks.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

This is going on a Hoyt Turbotec, so yeah I'll keep it in mind. Thanks guys!

on my Supertec (exact same as the turbotec, without the gay lookin flames on the riser) I had a trophy taker .. it worked just fine .. I also installed an offset cable gaurd the greatly reduced cam lean ... indexed the nock so my cock vane was out .. not exactly but close so I get minimal clearance.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask