Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freezer to fridge conversion

Freezer to fridge conversion

Has anyone put a better temp control on a freezer so you can set the temp to just act like cooler?What controller would you need ?And how to hook it up if you know.Pics Video would be good Thanks
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Freezer to fridge conversion

I've done just that, my free "craigslist" freezers have an average of only lasting a season or two, but the price is right.
    Check out the links that we're provided to me by one of our members here many moons ago. BTW, it works fantastic. Mine has had anything from shrunken bears to Big Bore's Bison of a few years back. Circulation I found to be quite important and do that with a small computer fan bought locally. Your just over the bridge in the Pitt so if you wanted to drop in for a peak I'll gladly show you how too!!

http://www.beveragefactory.com/image...A419ABG-3C.pdf
    http://www.west-point.org/users/usma.../kegerator.htm
    http://www.blueridgecompany.com/radi...ls-a419-series
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Steelco did it right. What I suggest is go to Refrigerative Supply (RSL) located inCoquitlam

Coquitlam, B.C. V3K 6C2 Phone: 604-944-0441. Fax: 604-944 ...

They can help you out.

I was looking to do this to but build the box up 3 to 3 1/2 ft. higher so you could hang the animals just by the hind legs.
    I'm not prejudice, I hate everybody alike.

I have all the parts to build one like steeleco, spring project. i also have a temp gauge to install.

We had a large cow moose in it, quartered, this past fall, but not regulated temp yet. some older freezers also have a adjustable settings.
    Last edited by blargon; 03-05-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blargon View Post
    I have all the parts to build one like steeleco, spring project. i also have a temp gauge to install.
    Excellant i want mine to be portable for use with a genset.Pictures and part no's would be great.Thanks
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by blargon View Post

We had a large cow moose in it, quartered, this past fall, but not regulated temp yet. some older freezers also have a adjustable settings.
    You won't (shouldn't) need a thermometer, the controller has a thermocouple that you hang inside the unit. It's been bang on all the time I've used it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Excellant i want mine to be portable for use with a genset.Pictures and part no's would be great.Thanks
    After I made this set up, Mr.Dean found a better deal locally on the controller and his is waterproof. I know with a small chest freezer and his Honda Genny his got a very portable ice box. I wish I had one like it, but don't have a means to carry the freezer and tow the trailer too!!!

Anyone that want's a chin wag to see it in action just needs to ask!!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Hi - I have a quick question about your freezer conversion - Is the fan put in a hole that brings in fresh air or is it sealed inside the unit.

Thanks

Got the fan question - open at both ends

Anyways has anybody got there freezer up to temp using the COURSE ADJUSTMENT SCREW? Anybody know if messing with this screw on the thermostat will mess things up. Read on a couple keezer conversions that this worked for some and there was no need to buy a temperature control unit.

Thanks

Build a thermostat that controls a plug in and just plug the freezer into it.

Buy a Johnson A419 with remote sensor, a job box and receptacle and a cord.

Thermostat will run you $75-100 at least