Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 16 gauge

16 gauge

I have a old Cooey model 84 16 gauge I just want some feed back on grouse and turkey or rabbit hunting. I know it's not the best gun but I really like it.
    Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 16 gauge

Nothing wrong with that gun. I've shot 16 ga for years. You will have no problem with grouse or rabbit with that. Proper loads will take care of turkey as well. The only issue, at times, can be finding ammunition.
    Good luck and have fun.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

I found some federal 16 gauge at can tire for 10 bucks so I picked up two boxes and then when I was shooting my new 7mm mag I came by a guy who had all this 16 gauge ammo but no 16 gauge so he gave it me and I got my shotgun for 40 bucks and then put a declarator pad on.

I only use a 16 guage cooey for all small game and grouse. I see 16 g ammo in wholesale quite a bit.

Ya I don't really get to shoot the small game because my dad gets them first but it's still fun to shoot.

Used a 16 for ducks and geese. Nothing wrong with that gauge at all.

I love my Remington Wingmaster 16g... I got it for my 15th birthday present, that was 46 years ago! I buy ammo for it when ever I can find it for fear that some day it will all be gone. Had a small truck load of the stuff so shot it a bunch last year.

Rabbits, even big jacks, ducks squirrels, grouse, no problem but not so great on geese.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

The 16 gauge is a great little shotgun. I have a couple Remington Wingmasters in 16ga. and always on the hunt for more. I prefer the 16 over the 20ga. I use mine for grouse mainly but have a few boxes of steal in case I need to go duck hunting or geese over decoys.
    I have a PHD is "Campfire BS". An avid hunter fisher man. Love shooting trap as much as shooting the bull. The more BS in my story the greater I am.

you've got it made with the 16 gauge ....killed clay pigeons ,squirrel, quail, ducks,(sea ducks too),grouse and geese with ours.
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

The power, almost, of a 12 and the handling of a 20...the sweet 16 is a nice gun.
    I like my Ithaca M37...
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!