Thread: A Question about Hunting with Hounds

A Question about Hunting with Hounds

If You are the License Holder of a Registered Trapline (crown land) in BC, is it legal to Catch and Harvest Lynx, Bobcats, Bears etc. using Tree Hounds..Thanks..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: A Question about Hunting with Hounds

Quote Originally Posted by westcountry View Post
    If You are the License Holder of a Registered Trapline (crown land) in BC, is it legal to Catch and Harvest Lynx, Bobcats, Bears etc. using Tree Hounds..Thanks..

I would assume you are, but you would have to have a hunting license and tags and cancel those tags once a critter was caught. As you are not trapping you are hunting when using dogs, seasons and bag limits would have to be obeyed.

I assume when you are trapping you dont need a tag or follow bag limits so if you are using dogs you have to fiollow the hunting regs.

But with any question like this best to ask the guys who are going to give you the fines. Call a CO in your area and ask them.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Yes it is legal as the use of rifle/bow are listed as methods of trapping

If you own a line and keep your hounds within your line you can take them under your trapping license. It is no different than if you choose to take fur using a call or by chance opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    I would assume you are, but you would have to have a hunting license and tags and cancel those tags once a critter was caught. As you are not trapping you are hunting when using dogs, seasons and bag limits would have to be obeyed.

I assume when you are trapping you dont need a tag or follow bag limits so if you are using dogs you have to fiollow the hunting regs.

But with any question like this best to ask the guys who are going to give you the fines. Call a CO in your area and ask them.

BHB

To be honest a lot of CO's have a hard time dealing with trapping as most only know what is written in the regs and most often they need to look it up.

This has been told to me straight from CO's and I have even had to explain some of the regs for ones I have met. Most just don't deal with it often enough to keep up on it.