Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: youth bow

Re: youth bow

The Bear Apprentice 2 goes to 60lbs ( the Apprentice went to 50 lbs). Due to draw weight building with draw length, it may be too much. A buddy just turned his down as far as it would go for his 12 yr old daughter (athletic & short DL) and was still 33lbs or so....too much for her.

I would highly recommend the new Diamond Infinite Edge. My oldest has one and is really liking it ( he's 9).Plenty of room to grow into this one, and the DL goes way down.
    As long as there's carbon in the air, there's hope!

Check out the new Diamond Infinite package.

The range of draw length and draw weight is an attractive selling feature on many bows being marketed to youth . I talked with Jim Hatch, the PSE rep, about the range of adjustment on some of new bows. He advised that parents should be aware of the physical weight of the bow not just the draw weight and length. If the bow is too heavy for the young archer to hold up they will not enjoy the sport.
    For every person with a spark of genius............. there are a hundred with ignition trouble!!!

My 9 year old daughter has a Mission Craze ... there are 3 models of Mission youth bows ... Menace, Craze and Rage ..ranging from lightest to heaviest physical weight

the Craze I have at 18 pounds peak draw at 22 inch draw lenth .... when I bought it for her I set it up at my specs ... 70 pounds and 29 inch and shot it ... then I backed it down to her lenth and weight... draw range on the Craze is 19-30"
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by BCOUTDOORED View Post
    where do you live ?
    I am in Kelowna

Quote Originally Posted by E.B. View Post
    What about a recurve bow ?
    she wants a bow that looks like daddy's

thanks for the input I am still not sure where to go with it, I will be in to see Ken tomorrow