Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brant hunting, not the normal B.C. tale

Re: Brant hunting, not the normal B.C. tale

nice pics. boys. this will be a memory you will cherish down the road.i,m glad you were able to document it with pics.....dale

Tony, when youre hunting with a guy who retired as a brewmaster for coors you dont mess around.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Awesome...those pictures told the story, looks like an amazing trip. I can't believe all the bands! Thanks for posting

Looks lke fun, and ya didn't need yer heated vest! Did ya get many juveniles? K

It was windy Kelly. down to like 6-7 in the mornings. We werent cold, and we werent hot. It was perfect.

First two days we shot maybe 70/30-80/20 mature to juvie ratio.

The third day for us probably 50/50, Matt took fewer juvies. I'd say a good hatch from what we saw.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    It was windy Kelly. down to like 6-7 in the mornings. We werent cold, and we werent hot. It was perfect.

First two days we shot maybe 70/30-80/20 mature to juvie ratio.

The third day for us probably 50/50, Matt took fewer juvies. I'd say a good hatch from what we saw.
    Ya, Jack was saying it was about 30-35% survival this spring, good to see! Hope we see that reflected here. K

Looks like an awesome shoot Adam,I've always wanted to see them in their winter home!I thought about driving up there from San Jose Del Cabo one February just to watch them, but it's a long haul and I figured most of them would be halfways here by the time I got there!By the way I have another big box of E Allen decoys here with your name on it.Cheers,Gunner
    Support the BCWF, they volunteer to benefit all of us.

Awesome pics, thanks for posting Adam!
    Dano
    Buddi doing what she does best!

I'll be around atleast the first 3 days of brant season and the last 2. Seeing what I can get off inbetween but I really appreciate the offer Murray! I got that harlie all done up, tried to get to the island the weather was just too insane for the two weekends I could go.

I was actually just driving to my house the other day and in a little slough by a corn field saw a beauty ringer. Thought of you instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    I'll be around atleast the first 3 days of brant season and the last 2. Seeing what I can get off inbetween but I really appreciate the offer Murray! I got that harlie all done up, tried to get to the island the weather was just too insane for the two weekends I could go.

I was actually just driving to my house the other day and in a little slough by a corn field saw a beauty ringer. Thought of you instantly.
    I'll be down for treatment on the 21st Adam,but I'm flying so I can't bring them.We'll get together,theres some goood stuff in this box See ya soon....Mur
    Support the BCWF, they volunteer to benefit all of us.