Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brant hunting, not the normal B.C. tale

Brant hunting, not the normal B.C. tale

I wont be writing much to this, let pics speak for themselves. Too late, gotta work in the morning, but know a whole bunch wanna see these pictures. Matt said he'd comment tomorrow since he's got the day off.

Entering Tijuana

Military search and completing the gun permits

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Brant hunting, not the normal B.C. tale

The hotel

The first day out

Our bird boys setting up

We hunted 3 the first morning and then paired off the other two days

My normal BC limit, British Columbia not Baja California

Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 02-12-2013 at 12:08 AM.

A quick move after 12 were down made for shooting the other 18 in a matter of 10-15 minutes

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

The 3 man limit. One single band

Who needs a coat rack?

We had dinner at the main guides house. Best brant I've ever eaten hands down, better then ours at home, they eat so much eel grass its like beef. Ours are good but not like this.

Now the second day

Got this series of dad doubling

Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 02-12-2013 at 12:01 AM.

And you wanna know what happens when 2-300 brant decoy into the blocks at 10 yards?

The bands and shells used on the trip. This is after the 2nd hunt. Matt also got a double band and single band that day.

One of them this was there start and stop

Now the 3rd day out

Always neat to see a volcano in the background of the hunting grounds, not in BC anymore

The sunrise over the rig the last day

Getting decoys out of a bag is a universal problem hahaha

The numbers were impressive, we wanted to make this day last longer then the 2nd but big groups made it hard, we started cutting 3-4 out of each flock

Here's our bird boys Ramon and Rene, Rene was the man!! He cooked us tomales and coffee the last day

And back at the launch the US bios would check em and do their thing.

Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 02-12-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Our final tally for banded birds from us BC boys, Matt got a few souveniers too

And the whole group

The final sunset in Baja California

Well done amigos!!, great pictures.
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless