Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead honkers!

Re: Dead honkers!

Congrats! Great pic, porcupine!
    This is from early Jan, the new season doesn't open here in Kelowna till the 21st. I can't wait!!
    Last edited by KTownKiller; 02-16-2013 at 01:49 PM.

"My son Eric, his friend and the friend's dad managed 6 this morning. Yesterday they landed away from the decoys, but today my son decided to move to the other side of the field and it worked. His friend and his friends dad both got their first geese ever. They were very happy. Five large, very fat geese and one lesser. Boy was it small next to the big ones.
    Eric says thanks to Xcaribooer for selling him the layout blind. I will try to get a picture up tomorrow."

Tell Eric im glad the blind is working out and if he ever gets more geese than he can shoot at to give me a call..I would love to come help out with that

The boys were out again this morning. There were geese in the field before they got there at 6:15am. They set up and they got a few shots. Only two geese were bagged this morning. They didn't have a watch and so when things slowed down for a while, they called it a morning. While collecting the decoys a few singles and doubles came over but with two guys out in the field, they left. Another time , while looking for a downed goose, a flock of 40 wanted to come in, but landed two fields over instead. I told them that yesterday I watched geese landing at 9 am, but none of them had a watch and they were home before 9.
    Oh well maybe they will learn. This way I have to buy fewer shells.
    I have never seen a cackler up close before. Man I thought the lesser on Monday was small. I have seen bigger mallards than this cackler.

Picture is in the gallery

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

Quote Originally Posted by KTownKiller View Post
    Congrats! Great pic, porcupine!
    This is from early Jan, the new season doesn't open here in Kelowna till the 20th. I can't wait!!
    21st isn't it?
    The thread stopper!

John and our son Ben took out a first time for geese youth hunter on Friday. He scored! Way to go Matti, Ben and John.

Pretty sweet!

Lorne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

[QUOTE=SHAKER;1289259]21st isn't it?[/QUOTE

Ooops! I would have checked.
    Thanks, KTK

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    John and our son Ben took out a first time for geese youth hunter on Friday. He scored! Way to go Matti, Ben and John.

That's the way!! Lock'em and Rock'em!!!!

Was driving from Chilliwack to Abby this afternoon and saw a couple guys leaving a field with their blind for the day. Made me look to the skies to see if I could see any geese flying around. I was tempted to get off at the next exit and go talk to them but I had places to be. I wonder if any of them frequent HBC? They were on the flats.
    Last edited by Fella; 02-16-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Heres a few more, Lorne. we should have had a few more, but you've seen me shoot.. ha ha
    Dave.