Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead honkers!

Dead honkers!

Where are the pics !!

Lorne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Dead honkers!

Heard some shooting this morning while I was working at the barn....somebody might have some down.

Ya can kinda see one in the 1st pic, we managed to get 7 all together, a couple were jumbos..

Nice work Dave!

Lorne

what about the rest of you guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

my brother got a couple from the new hayhouse blind yesterday, fairly slow day, of course there were a few hundred in the " no shoot" fields across the road, but we couldn't convince any flocks to commit to us, and of course we had 3 come in as we were 100 yards from the blind on the way back to the house with his gun unloaded,lol, they were nice enough to fly directly over us about 25 ft up

Nice honkers!! I got a little trick for you to try, edgy. I get a lot of that happening here in Kelowna, when geese will land in a field that I can't shoot in. I just set up a black coat in the field (that I can't shoot in) to look like a dog, or a coyote decoy would also work great. When the honkers come close, they won't land and often come right into your field instead. Hey, it works. Just have a good spread of decoys and a little calling, and HAMMER them!!! Hope this helps.

Yup!!!!---Cheers Field Marshal.

Really slow day but managed to get a goose with the new gun. Saw lots of flocks but none wanted to come into the decoys. The one flock that did came right over the blind for dad and I to get a shot. Dropped two and that was all the action for the day.
    Last edited by Hardie Boy; 02-11-2013 at 09:33 PM.

My son Eric, his friend and the friend's dad managed 6 this morning. Yesterday they landed away from the decoys, but today my son decided to move to the other side of the field and it worked. His friend and his friends dad both got their first geese ever. They were very happy. Five large, very fat geese and one lesser. Boy was it small next to the big ones.
    Eric says thanks to Xcaribooer for selling him the layout blind. I will try to get a picture up tomorrow.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Peterson/Pictures/goosedaytwo.jpg[/IMG]

I could get this picture into the HBC gallery but not photobucket.
    Last edited by Farmer; 02-12-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Only had one shooting opportunity and got his double.