Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Brant Season

Re: 2013 Brant Season

bwahaaaaaaaaaaa........................
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

You boys need to play nice over there now!!!!!----Cheers---Field Marshal.

All kidding aside, we got 2 today,and I was just looking for some weekend web entertainment.(Or to see who else has no life on a Saturday night)As far as the ramp goes , if thats what we call the beach, every one was stuck with the rain we had there today. really greasey up top . You K of all people are not going to get into bashing my vintage Ford are you? P.S. I started all this as some informative info on whats Murray missing (or not missing) at this years brant hunt,as he started the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fowl language View Post
    stillwater, how far were they from the superport?it looks from the picture they were in a closed area. if they were you should contact the proper authorities.....fowl
    No D they were outside the markers so it was open ,as far as contacting the authorities, I had the authorities in the punt with me today. lol

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    You boys need to play nice over there now!!!!!----Cheers---Field Marshal.
    We are playin nice Tony, you should see what happens when it gets ugly! K

How come no pics of limits of brant?

Well I went on my first brant hunt in over 30 yrs. Back in the day before the Super Port, we shot brant from beach blinds using a doz. or so repainted Mallard floaters and did fairly well. Fast forward to 2013, apparently the game has changed just a little a “little”. So when I received an invite from a friend to join him in his punt for opening day of the 2013 season being a died in the wool waterfowler I was on the 5:15 boat to meet my buddy at the causeway for the big day. Its not to often I assume the title of rookie in the waterfowl world but that is exactly what I am in the brant world. Everything I knew about the game was left quite literally on the beach and I did learn a lot about this new type of hunting. #1.. I learned that a little punt can actually hold 12’6″ + , 600 lbs of hunters 100 decoys, lines weights misc equipment and a very soggy lunch andstill have 3″ of freeboard and not Quite swamp in a swell. #2.. That 100 decoys on long-lines can(and do) get tangled hopelessly causing the detangler(namely ME) a world of frustration. Sea water in March is very cold and there is absolutely no truth to the pharmaceutical companies claim it will unstuff clogged sinuses. Oh yah and if you don’t time your return right you get to stand around in the rain for an hr. or so socializing and waiting on the tide. And the final, most important lesson that the brant I shot from solid comfortable beach blinds have become mythical creatures only seen in shotgun range and shot by those in other punts. LMFatAO. I tip my hat to you gentleman, you are a bunch of tough dedicated SOBs and perhaps just a tad insane and each and every one of you has my respect. Did I have fun?, you bet I did, would I do it again if invited?, IN A HEARTBEAT, would I trade a semi solid ground(mud) floored duck blind on the marsh for a brant shoot, WEEELLLL lets just say I’m glad the seasons don’t overlap so I’ll never have to own up to the the real answer to that one………..Thanks Dale for the invite and everyone else who shared companionship with me on the beach.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Congrats Foxton,theres nothing quite like it is there!Brian I pretty well guessed who your corkers were,like K said the front lump is identifiable.Keep the pics coming please guys,it's almost like being there.Many Thanks,Gunner
    Support the BCWF, they volunteer to benefit all of us.

i must have the wrong idea of how far a shotgun can shoot, we were 540 yards off the beach. hell of a long way for shot to travel to rattle windows....d