Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Brant Season

Re: 2013 Brant Season

Full writeup when I get home. Here's a little to wet your whistle. Lets just say we accomplished some amazing things not possible back home. Alot more to come.

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Well Murray, I'm almost ready, and a few days early ths year. It was great seeing you, Kelly and Bob at lunch on Friday. Hang in there...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brant for Mur.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	4347Last coats of paint going on the punt today and tomorrow Murray---a lighter overall grey this year like the old Cammadge I used to have, with a few tiger stripes for breakup. I fear that old boat is going to sink under the weight of all the coats of paint going from marsh camo to open water camo and back again each year.I'll also be doing some adjustments to the pocket set. Thanks again for the book pal. Reading Hagerbaumer, with his drawings lurking along the edge of the page, stoked a lot of memories. { click on thumbnail }
    Last edited by branthunter; 02-26-2013 at 08:28 AM.

I'm glad you're enjoying Bob,you might let the other guys have a peek,if you trust them! Hagerbaumer's book has to be by far the best brant book I've ever read.I'll be counting on you ,Brian and Kelly to keep me posted on how things are going.Best of luck to you all! Cheers,Murray
    Support the BCWF, they volunteer to benefit all of us.

Ok Murray, here you go, this is the mess in my garage. All painted and I just have to load the decoys on the lines and I'm ready to go.

Those decoys won't work Bryan. Ill take em off your hands for 50 cents on the dollar
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Sounds good. do you still have some Mexican money left in your pocket....see you on the beach......

Heard we gotta launch a bit before the normal spot, I'll be towing the boat as my truck does better on the rocks.

I wish I could rather be saying something like, I got my silos and floaters ready, I picked a good point on the beach, made my blind, got my lead 4s all packed up, just waiting for the morning in a shack or camper off the beach. But it won't happen again, except for Mexico. God I love Mexico.

saturday can't come fast enough...good luck on the opener fellers!

'rifle
    Nearly all people can stand adversity, but if you want to test a person's character, give them power.

looking foreword to 25 knot winds woohoo!!!!!