Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Brant Season

Re: 2013 Brant Season

Now that it's all over and you diehards have a chance to breathe. How do you prepare the Brandt for the table?

Great thread.

While i had a few invites, i couldnt get the stars to align. Thanks to everyone who offered me a spot in thier boats, much appreaciated. And lastly thank you to all the guys you contributed to this thread it was great!

Lorne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

well that was a blast!allready thinking of ways to increase my success next year.as f350 told me them black birds can make you crazy watching them yesterday deek through all the spreads makes you realize they aint that dumb.Murray i hope to meet and greet you on the beach next season.cheers Pat

murray, i,ll post the number,s up when the final tally is done,it will be superport and boundary bay seperately. hopefully i can get them by the day....dale

Like Lorneparker1 said thank you for all the posts. I been checking every night to see the days results, the photos have been great. The degree of commitment and investment in time and gear to hunting Brants is incredible. Thanks again.

Enjoyed the pictures and posts, thanks guys.
    Dano
    Buddi doing what she does best!

well murray,i have the final tally for our favorite biologist. 145 in boundary bay with 20 grey bellies. the superport side ended up with 85 not the previously mentioned 100.apparently there was a mathematical miscalcalulation. 18% juvenile birds....that,s it.....dale

Enjoyed all the pics and stories guys!!! Thank you , maybe next year I will be able to play the game again. Hopefully Murray you will be able to participate.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by branthunter View Post
    Hagerbaumer on Hog Ranch Spit?
    Was I right Adam? If not then by whom and where?

Sorry Bob, during the hectic 10 days i must of forgot it. That and a few other things hahaha

You are right. I absolutely love this one, the whole picture is what my perfect dream of brant hunting looks like.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?