Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Natives block Hunters in Chilcotin

guest Guest

Re: Natives block Hunters in Chilcotin

Zero accountability .......
    Clueless when it comes to full picture.
    Want everything and anything including roads hospitals buildings tax free animals fish etc etc.
    Some one else WAS first here.....
    And it certainly wasnt them either.
    Hypocrites
    Man this Crap gets old.
    Canada should dump the UN.
    Treat any one and every one the same. Including Laws and penalties. Opportunities limits and accountability.
    Until then.
    Racism WILL CONTINUE.

Hilarious native hypocrisy. Moose are not even in their cultural history. Moose migrated into BC way back from Alaska and Yukon. Most native peoples in BC don't even have a word for moose because they were not around back in the day. Utter bullshit.

I heard that the Tiny House Warriors ( Kanahus Manuel and company) tried to occupy the Thompson River Provincial Park on the outskirts of Clearwater again. The key word here is "tried". It didn't happen. Why you ask? The Clearwater RCMP locked them out. Too bad the Alexis Creek RCMP weren't up to enforcing the law.
    The Simpcw must be getting pissed with the intrusion of the Nescoonlith into their traditional territory.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

but good hard tax money pays salaries to uphold the law if thats not whats going to happen than we need to go back to handling the law by ourselves if the goverment wont do it for us.i dont work my ass off and half my cheque go to the goverment to be told on my holidays and tons of money going on a lawfull moose hunt that i am wrong and have to turn around that is complete bullshit and when this turns sour.The anger will start growing and will see shit hit the fan and the government will be to blame.When the goverment puts out statements saying shit like this. than they better stick by it when it gets heated and someone calls the police and not told turn around were not gonna do our job.

• Some First Nations within the Cariboo, Omineca, Skeena, and Peace regions have released statements that hunting, with a focus on Limited Entry Hunting for moose, is banned within portions of these regions.
    • The Province has not responded with Wildlife Act closures and considers that all legally issued/acquired licences of guides, resident hunters and non-resident hunters are valid.

Quote Originally Posted by QnsCowboy View Post
    You guys are all so right about what a BS situation this is, and the rest of us bending over once again and gettin' it without even getting kissed.....But, you are way off base if you think the RCMP are not doing anything about it, or at least want to by upholding the laws...The RCMP is governed by the government...and when it comes to First Nation's people, the government leans in and says what will be enforced...I am sure most of you remember Gustafson Lake....If you know someone who was there, talk to them about how our hands were tied and about the 10,000 rounds that were fired....Don't think for a second that the RCMP is not doing anything because they don't want to....

I can't agree with you guys more on how the hunters get screwed, but don't be so quick to blame the RCMP, there is always more than meets the eye when F.N. people are concerned....

I appologize if I offend anyone for being part of this site and I try to see it from both sides, but it really is just like someone who cuts trees for a living hearing some tree hugger tell them cutting trees is wrong...You might tend to speak out too...

Craig

The FN are all about "my ancestors did this, and my ancestors did that". Well if we are allowed to do what our ancestors did then guess what. My ancestors killed natives and took their land. Does that mean I am allowed to?

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    The FN are all about "my ancestors did this, and my ancestors did that". Well if we are allowed to do what our ancestors did then guess what. My ancestors killed natives and took their land. Does that mean I am allowed to?
    OMG~~are you drunk or stoned??

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    It just makes sense that records should be kept, especially if indigenous people care about wildlife sustainability !
    Arctic Lake
    No, they should be doing proper surveys of SURVIVING wildlife. Records cannot track natural deaths or kills made by predators. THINK a little about how many moose packs of wolves kill and eat every year...365 days per year, day or night.....who records that?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    No, they should be doing proper surveys of SURVIVING wildlife. Records cannot track natural deaths or kills made by predators. THINK a little about how many moose packs of wolves kill and eat every year...365 days per year, day or night.....who records that?
    How do you track surviving wildlife, you jackass? You keep track of what you can keep track of. Shooting a moose is something easily tracked. You want to survey every animal running through the woods? How do you propose to do that, genius?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    How do you track surviving wildlife, you jackass? You keep track of what you can keep track of. Shooting a moose is something easily tracked. You want to survey every animal running through the woods? How do you propose to do that, genius?
    Tracking wildlife inventories has been done through aerial surveys. Mid winter when the ungulates congregate on low level winter range. Coincides with the majority of cultural harvest.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"