Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Natives block Hunters in Chilcotin

Re: Natives block Hunters in Chilcotin

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    Racism mostly
    It's got to be more than racism...there has got to be some CO's and RCMP members on here, maybe they could chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by QnsCowboy View Post
    Swamper, I so couldn't have said it any better or agree any more than that...
    sadly, I learned in school that our democracy was premised on a separation of the 3 levels of power...that enacting laws, enforcing laws and judging penalties based on the law were to be 3 separate things....

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Chief Joe is a piece of work, hypocrite, racist at the top level. maybe he can tell us how many cow moose they harvested in the last 10 years, then you will get your answer on where all the moose went.
    Chief Joe doesn't know how many Moose were harvested last year, let alone the last 10 years. If they did keep a record then the ministry would be able to make adjustments to the LEH and the GOS so resident hunters could hunt Moose too, thats why they dont want to know the numbers.

It just makes sense that records should be kept, especially if indigenous people care about wildlife sustainability !
    Arctic Lake

I truly wonder what would happen if a blockade was set up a km before the FN blockade not allowing them out barring an emergency. They claim title to all the land behind their blockade so they have no claim to that in front if it. How long would the RCMP remain out of it then?

I am not saying there claims are right or wrong. Just arguing that until they are proven in court they are no more valid than those arguing the earth is flat. Enforce the law as it is, not what it may be!
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Anyone got an excavator. I say we dig up the road on either side of them. Then in front of city hall

Lol, 14 year old thread and the same shit is still happening today......

darris..Anyone got an excavator. I say we dig up the road on either side of them. Then in front of city hall,,i add front of liquor stores too..

tinhorse..
    Lol, 14 year old thread and the same shit is still happening today../// yep and when we are gone...still same jazzz...unless???

Quote Originally Posted by swamper View Post
    Hey Rob, what is the name of that book. I will see if I can find it here in the local bookstore. I know how well armed you guys were on Monday, and knowing how good Amphib can shoot, as I am sure you can too, I would not have wanted to get you fellows pissed. The only saving grace for some of us is that we got our moose before all the BS came to a head. The closure covers any part o region 5 lying west of the Fraser. The 3 units east of the river are still open so you just know what kind of pressure that these units will get. It will be like region 7 during that ridiculous calf season. And don't get me started on that abortion. I don't need moose meat that bad that I have to take out the future stocks. I won't even hunt my favorite area from the 10th to 25th. It is like a demolition derby out there.
    Chris H.
    Three Against the Wilderness by Eric Collier. He reported that some indians shot a moose in the Meldrum Creek area where he lived. The year, 1918. They did not know what they shot but it wasn't a wapiti (elk) which did exist in small pockets like Skeleton Valley east of McCleese Lake.
    The first recorded moose shot in BC was up in the Kispiox /Hazelton area in 1910. The moose more or less followed the Hudson Bay Company trader over the great divide. At that time, Fort St. James was the major settlement and depot for the Hudson Bay Company, predating all other settlements. Kamloops was a established trading depot that was a satellite fort to Fort St. James. (This info was sourced from Hudson Bay Company compiling.)
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    It just makes sense that records should be kept, especially if indigenous people care about wildlife sustainability !
    Arctic Lake
    They have memory like no other ethnic group on earth. The invented iron, but preferred the stoneage.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"