Thread: Bitzenburger Clamp Adjustment

Bitzenburger Clamp Adjustment

Well with some time on my hands I have decided to finally put my Bitz to use. I am going to practice fletching up some arrows I have kicking around.

When you set up the clamp I understand that you adjust the dials to the point where there is proper contact being made. However, the confusing part is whether you are looking to make complete contact with the entire clamp on the shaft or whether you are just fitting a vane in the clamp and making complete contact with the vane.

My assumption is that you would do a dry run without a vane, and position the clamp so the entire clamp makes complete even contact. (I checked it against a light to see if there was any gap).

For clarity I am using the Right Hand Helical Clamp and 2" Blazers.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bitzenburger Clamp Adjustment

little more info than what your looking for ... but it shows exactly what you want to know ... way easier than triing to explain through text
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pokB6Q_RMFM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIsWH7cVc4k
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Re: Bitzenburger Clamp Adjustment

You got it right Dirty. The better contact the vane has with the shaft, the better it sticks.

You can also decide how much helical you get by adjusting the dials. Some broadheads require more stabilizing for good long range accuracy. But for retaining speed, the less helical [drag] the better.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.