Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 week

Re: 1 week

I'm looking for an opportunity to do a photo shoot of Canadas in the decoys. If anyone gets a good field lined up where you think you'll get birds coming in at least 8-10 times and would like your hunt photographed please let me know. I would set up a hide behind your blind/hide (either layout or grass and wire depending on what would fit in best ) . I did this a year ago with f350's group and got some pretty good shots but now have a new camera and am hoping to improve on that outing. Some of the pics I got that day are at http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...596#post972596 .

Bob will let you know when we get back from mexico brant hunting in a week.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Ba$#@%d! K

Kelly what are you guys using for pit lids in that thread?

Lorne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    Kelly what are you guys using for pit lids in that thread?

Lorne
    We just use old, old weathered plywood and cover it with dirt and pea vine leaving an opening of 2'. It works good in that particular field as the birds all come in low but if we're in a field that they are higher flyers I made up some doors using herring web and then weave in some pea vine. K

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    We just use old, old weathered plywood and cover it with dirt and pea vine leaving an opening of 2'. It works good in that particular field as the birds all come in low but if we're in a field that they are higher flyers I made up some doors using herring web and then weave in some pea vine. K
    got any pics? thinking of throwing a pit together this year
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

We had a corner in the field called pintail point that's perfect for a pit and had planned on this offseason putting it in. Now the fields changing to straight corn and I gotta rework something. Matt will weld something up though.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    I was just looking at a video of that on the weekend----amazing stuff--you'll be spoiled. http://www.getducks.com/guided-hunts...t-hunting.aspx