Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got stopped by a CO today

Got stopped by a CO today

At the end of hunt today, just as we were loading the boat onto the trailer, a CO pulled up and asked to see our paperwork. Nice to see that the guys are out there checking.

Unfortunately, saw more COs than ducks in the marsh today. I wondered why we were the only guys out there today. Though one of the fields on the way home must've had about 200 ducks splashing around in the puddles. Too close to the road, damn!

We need a freeze up to get them outta those fields.
    Drinking rum before 10 a.m. does not mean you are an alcoholic, it means you are a pirate.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Got stopped by a CO today

There were only two of us there yesterday, glad I stayed in bed this morning and didn't go for another nothing hunt.

Yep it has slowed and we need a freeze.Never bothered to get up early this weekend.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

The field I was hunting this morning was dead only saw 3 ducks. I think I will take a rest on ducks and start steelheading
    Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

" A boss is like a diaper, always on your ass and full of shit!"

Nothing but drakes this time of year. Matt did a solo hunt with morning. I was in the states and a few fields its sheet water on them were jammed full.

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Should add also that the COs are around there more than you think but they can certainly use help in catching violators by calling RAPP or Enviroment Canada.

Got stopped by an RCMP at the roadside yesterday and he seemed to have no idea about shooting regulations and unfortunately we had left our fraser valley map at home, he ended up letting us go after a warning. Remimder to bring your regs even if you know them back to back the cops out there have no clue!

Saw lots of high fliers but only a couple came into our spread and somehow they were bulletproof!

Good job on the mixed drakes Matt!----Cheers----Field Marshal.

Quote Originally Posted by recoil View Post
    Got stopped by an RCMP at the roadside yesterday and he seemed to have no idea about shooting regulations and unfortunately we had left our fraser valley map at home, he ended up letting us go after a warning. Remimder to bring your regs even if you know them back to back the cops out there have no clue!

Saw lots of high fliers but only a couple came into our spread and somehow they were bulletproof!
    Smartphone = online

Quote Originally Posted by recoil View Post

This really pissis me off. How hard is it to put out some info for these guys every yr at hunting time. Soo friggin easy to do.