Thread: 33" Draw

33" Draw

2 Canadians go bear hunting. On the road, they run into a sign directing bear left, so they went home.

I have a 33" draw, and am looking to buy my first bow. Dont want to go new, anyone have any advice?

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 33" Draw

I have a Pse vendetta xl, 32" draw. I think there is a Pse freak? That has a 33" draw.
    Im 6' 5". 82" wing span. Just how big are you?!

Quote Originally Posted by audioeye View Post
    2 Canadians go bear hunting. On the road, they run into a sign directing bear left, so they went home.

I have a 33" draw, and am looking to buy my first bow. Dont want to go new, anyone have any advice?

Thanks
    you would be hard pressed to find alot of gorilla arms bows on the used market ...

First off I need to ask ... have you been to a shop and properly fitted... are you certain that you have a 33" Draw lenth
    if so
    then I would watch the classified on various websites ... Archerytalk dot com would be your best bet to find something in the used market
    Failing that I would look at the :
    APA line of bows ... the XL series (Viper and Mamba XL respectively have 33 and 33.5 max draw lenth
    Hoyt Tribute with a 34" draw
    Mathews MR8 with a 33" draw

There are some more out there I am sure ... But most manufactures go up to about 32"
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

The following bows have 33 inch draws...pretty limited. Check out the APA bows...Canadian made. I've never shot one, but have heard good things from people who have.
    PSE Freak Max
    APA Viper XL 39
    APA Mamba XL 39
    APA MAmba X8
    Hoyt Tribute
    Mathews MR8

I could not find bows with 33' draws at...you may want to double check them.

Martin
    Diamond
    Athens
    Bear
    Bowtech
    Mission
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

I think this guy might be a buddy of mine who is new to the site and interested in getting to archery. If it is he is 6'8" and a 33" draw, is it possible for him to shoot a 30"draw effectively with a longer release?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    you would be hard pressed to find alot of gorilla arms bows on the used market ...

First off I need to ask ... have you been to a shop and properly fitted... are you certain that you have a 33" Draw lenth
    if so
    then I would watch the classified on various websites ... Archerytalk dot com would be your best bet to find something in the used market
    Failing that I would look at the :
    APA line of bows ... the XL series (Viper and Mamba XL respectively have 33 and 33.5 max draw lenth
    Hoyt Tribute with a 34" draw
    Mathews MR8 with a 33" draw

There are some more out there I am sure ... But most manufactures go up to about 32"
    Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon

I wouldn't... Have you ever tried to shoot a youth bow? It is very uncomfortable. If I were him I would search bows that reached 33" draw. If buying new is not a option, then search websites like www.archerytalk.com massive classified sections all over the world. You would have to figure out shipping though.

Older compounds have a longer draw length as they were pre mechanical release. My pse is a 30" draw and would be best suited for some one with a 31-33 inch draw
    vegetables are what food eats.