Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: elk and deer calls

Question elk and deer calls

with the hundreds of game calls avaliable to hunters, I was wondering what your favorite calls are and why.
    It'd look better on "my" wall!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: elk and deer calls

primos hootchie mama-very easy to use,and they work like a dame

and primos elk bugle-easy to use,sound real,very loud

I have just recently picked up a " Knight & Hale" Elk Diaphragm call, It is a little tricky to get the hang of, but once you do the different pitches and tones you can make is quite extraordinary. Plus I like the idea of being able to be perfectly still and having the use of both hands, While in those few key moments of getting the bull to come in.
    There pretty cheap to, I got mine for 19$ and can't wait to try it out next season!

I the Power Bugle by Elk Inc. It has surved us well and even if you "blow" a call the elk seam to respond. We use the bugle for locating and then a cow call for calling them in. The Hootchi Mama works very good for that.

My personal favorites are the mouth diaphrams by Glen Berry. I have some old Quaker Boys and Wayne Carletons that I like as well. What I like the best about mouth diaphrams, is the multitude of different sounds that I can produce.

I have a E.L.K. Cow talk call as well, but mainly use my diaphram calls for cow chirps.

RO

Quote Originally Posted by symon
    I have just recently picked up a " Knight & Hale" Elk Diaphragm call, It is a little tricky to get the hang of, but once you do the different pitches and tones you can make is quite extraordinary. Plus I like the idea of being able to be perfectly still and having the use of both hands, While in those few key moments of getting the bull to come in.
    There pretty cheap to, I got mine for 19$ and can't wait to try it out next season!
    iv got the primos triple reed diaphragm ..it works sweet.its trickier than the single and double layer reeds but is loud and sounds more real that the others.i love it,,can have both hands free and still calling like you said..bought mine for 8$

I use the Bugling Bull monarch system, and have four of the diaphrams as well. They work awesome. Took an elk calling seminar in Calgary last August with the owner Rockie Jacobson. Learned alot and worked great this fall. He alos has some great video's. Also have the hoochie momma.

Thumbs up Re: elk and deer calls

Single ,doubble and tripple Reed dieophram for elk ,hunter 1947.
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-18-2006 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elkguide
    with the hundreds of game calls avaliable to hunters, I was wondering what your favorite calls are and why.
    I use A carlton Bugle ( smaller tube ), and about 4 different cow calls ( hyperlips, hootchie,Elk inc. band call, and a little home made jobbie that really pulls in big bulls ( just a pvc pipe and ruber band/reed thing) I can change pitch and sounds alot while I'm in the middle of a call with it and it seems to drive the herd bull nuts. I don't bugle very much (seems to scare the bigger bulls that have been pressured , away). I might use a quick bugle for a locator but then I put it away.
    It'd look better on "my" wall!!

Carlton double reed bugle,Quaker Boy herd master cow call. Also what works good is those Big Gulp bendy straws about a foot long,they sound like a young bull.
    Big bullets ,Big holes ,Big meals...