Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: game cutter beware

Re: game cutter beware

Ease up guys.As I said,next time you are over this way,look me up.I`m gonna eat all the T-Bones though
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Quote Originally Posted by tuchodi
    T-BONE I don't disagree with you it being seasonal last year they were charging $1.00 in Ft Nelson and this year it was the same in Ft St John were we took our elk. Yes there is some who charge less up in that area but they are not full time butchar's and those cheaper ones up there are not as well equipped or as clean. Yes it was our choice to take it to a good clean butchar as that is just a small price to pay in the bigger sceam of things. "The butchar that did ours goes on a holiday between Christmas and easter because he made so much money off us". I still stick up for Cliff as it is our responsibility as hunters to look after "our meat".
    u also gotta factor in the cost of running the bussiness..it really isnt that cheap to do...i agree chargin $1.00 a pound is high and those guys up north are makin more profit then the guys that are charging between .40 and .50 cents a pound....
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Dont forget the cost of living up north is going up pretty quickly and these boys can get on the oil rig business for a lot more money than they make cuttin meat.
    No Butcher makes 100K a year where as a lot of the kids welding do. you hjave the choice to pay it or not.

his year I helped a freind who is a butcher in FSJ and he turned away more meat than you could imagine. he was backed up by 2 weeks easily.
    you bring the meat in and you pick it back up...

blacktail3113: I have a good friend (also a butchar in FSJ) his name is Terry. Do you mine me asking who you know as I mite also know him as I used to live there for many years.

Butcher's can charge whatever they want - that's part and parcel of running a business where demand exceeds supply. Sometime's you've either gotta pay the piper or do it yourself!
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

will take u up on the offer sawmill thank u