Thread: used rifle - new bow

used rifle - new bow

I have 2 questions. Has anyone bought a new bow complete package from hunters friend and how much would a rem. 700 416 with a bushnell elite 3200 scope be worth? The rifle is used but is in very good condition, he is asking $2000.
    I've hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted.

2. Site Sponsor

Bow Walker Guest

Re: used rifle - new bow

I bought a new bow from them - not a package, but a bare bow. Excellent service and I got what was advertised.

I can't help but think that if you order a 'package' on your bow that the stuff they put on it will serve you well until such time as you want to upgrade.

Maybe I'm wrong here but i paid around $1000 for my new Rem mod 700 in laminate/stainless, Can't see why a 416 would be any different from the '06 i got. Elite 3200 are going around $400 new (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on the scope). I would think you could buy that rifle and scope, complete with rings, sling, reloading dies and components etc and still be easily under the $2000 mark.

As far as bow packages go its all in how you look at it. Most bow packages contain perfectly serviceable entry level equipment at a very good price...just to get you in the game. Almost everyone I have ever met that started with entry level equipment upgraded within a year or two....so...is it really good value? Maybe....maybe not. Also resaleablility on entry level stuff is very difficult as they are priced so low new to begin with. My advice.....get better gear used for the same price as new entry level stuff...you will be happier in the end i think.

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

well Bushnell Elite 3200s are worth no more than $260 NEW, so around $180-200 if used but great shape

the Rem 700 in 416, worth around $800-1000 if it is the wood/blued safari model. the stainless custom shop 416 with the fiberglass stock is worth about $1800 new, so around $1300 used in great shape

my .02$
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

The only Remington that is worth $1700 is the Model 700 Alaskan Wilderness and the 3200 Elite sells for about $300. Used in excellent condition is probaly worth $1100-1200. Any other model is worth no more than $1000.
    GOOD FRIENDS TO HUNT WITH, FRESH AIR TO BREATH, THE B.C. OUTDOORS, BIG GAME AND BROADHEADS, WHAT A LIFE. MAY THE DESTINATION OF YOUR PROJECTILES REACH YOUR DESIRED POINT AND YOUR NEXT HARVEST BEST YOUR BEST TO DATE.

I would agree with Willy on the archery equipment, resale is limited to a small number, consider buying equipment with adjustable draw lengths and draw weights for example as your first purchase http://http://www.basspro.com/servle...rTarget=browse. This equipment can serve you better as your skill level increases and again better resale. Also you will have some extra cash left over.
    Todd

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Curliss
    I have 2 questions. Has anyone bought a new bow complete package from hunters friend and how much would a rem. 700 416 with a bushnell elite 3200 scope be worth? The rifle is used but is in very good condition, he is asking $2000.
    I guess the first question should be - "what is the level of your archery knowledge?" With the answer we will then be better equipped to give an intelligent answer.

i just bought a rem 700 SPS 300 wm brand new for 499$..then a bushnell elite i was lookin at was 400$ so it would come to about a 1000$,,,and i dont think that the caliber raises the price. i dont think,,the caliber on www.sirmailorder.com dosent raise the price

Bought a bow package from Hunters friend last week. Just waiting for it. My first bow

I just picked up the bushnell3200 elite in lillooet at the local sportshop for 249.00 $
    Midnight toker