Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stikine River

Depends on the season, but primarily Langley

Question Stikine River

Can anyone tell me how far up river a jet boat can get after putting in at the bridge north of Iskut? Are there any tributaries that are passable? Is it as big a zoo as people say? Time of year would be August. Thanks for any info.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Stikine River

You can take a boat way up and into the Chukachida.

Indeed - they should install traffic lights on that river.

The Stone's sheep are under a LEH sheep draw for much of the length of the Stikine corridor.

Thanks BCRams, the plan is to go up in the boat, maybe up a tributary, and then hike in. We will be hunting outside SPWP.

Got a buddy that guided up the Chuckichida - said there's whopper bulls but the sheep were fairly spotty and you need to know exactly where to go.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy
    ...you need to know exactly where to go.
    There are one or two places in mind, but I have yet to talk to the biologist.

My buddies went that way this year...had dreams of empty basins and quiet drifts down the river for moose...LMAO...they seen more jet boats the first 3 days then they did at the dealers that they bought the boat!! I can give you his number to talk to him or his email if you want...just let me know...he did a lot of research before they left....they did come home with a monster 3pt bull though...lol!

Then you throw in the tourists! Rafters and canoeist doing the float trip from inside the park !

Post pics of the scenic photos !! You can get a book that will show you every camp spot along the river, every trail, and rapids .... details the entire river from Tuaton Lake right through to the bridge on the highway.

Stikine River: A Guide to Paddling the Great River (just read the book backwards LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Nooker77
    My buddies went that way this year...had dreams of empty basins and quiet drifts down the river for moose...LMAO...they seen more jet boats the first 3 days then they did at the dealers that they bought the boat!! I can give you his number to talk to him or his email if you want...just let me know...he did a lot of research before they left....they did come home with a monster 3pt bull though...lol!
    Nooker, I think you are talking about the same guys I know. They said it was a zoo and vegatation so thick around the river, it was just like road hunting, except from a boat. Guys were ancored mid stream and trying to call bulls down off a burn above the river. Then there was the accidental discharge in the guide outfitters boat, which ended in a guy getting a medi-vac ride to the nearest hospital.

I got the impression that they weren't planning a return trip in 07. LOL.

RO

If the boat was pulled out up river, would it be safe left unattended?
    Last edited by brno375; 12-16-2006 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooker77
    I can give you his number to talk to him or his email if you want
    Thanks, PM sent.