Thread: Hoping on Last Day Heroics who is heading out?

Hoping on Last Day Heroics who is heading out?

Late season black-tail hunting in the coast range on cold, dark, wet, dreary days with a tag burning a hole in your wallet! Is there anything better? (The wife still can't believe I am serious when I say this! ) I'm heading out friday morningin hopes of some late season heroics stalking the thick stuff for a ghost. That's right boys and girls; the end of the season has come knocking only one more day to get your buck in region 2. I hunted hard last weekend in the Harrison area and saw a few does and nothing else. It has been a slow year for me in terms of black-tails. Most years I day hunt the varios areas from Squamish through to hope and at the very least I see a few black-tail bucks. This year I saw a button buck early that I passed up and that was it.

If I am going to get skunked I might as well go down swinging, I'll be out from first light tomorrow. If I see any legal deer with bone it is hitting the ground! The freezer only has one deer in it this year and that was a roundhead from region 5!

Who else is heading out?

Good luck everyone and use your binos before your scope (got it again last sunday! )
    Last edited by wetcoaster; 12-14-2006 at 01:44 PM.
    Always remember the rear end you kick today may be the one you need to kiss tomorrow.

Kids that hunt and fish don't grow up to rob little old ladies!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hoping on Last Day Heroics who is heading out?

Good luck to you! I'd be out there as well but I gotta work the last couple days of the season. I had trouble finding blacktails this year, still lots to learn I guess. Your right about one thing, I'll look at that un-cut Mulie tag more than once this winter...
    Go get 'im.
    Dislexic's everywhere! Untie!!

Member,
    Mission Rod and
    Gun Club.

Quote Originally Posted by wetcoaster
    Late season black-tail hunting in the coast range on cold, dark, wet, dreary days with a tag burning a hole in your wallet! Is there anything better? (The wife still can't believe I am serious when I say this! ) I'm heading out friday morningin hopes of some late season heroics stalking the thick stuff for a ghost. That's right boys and girls; the end of the season has come knocking only one more day to get your buck in region 2. I hunted hard last weekend in the Harrison area and saw a few does and nothing else. It has been a slow year for me in terms of black-tails. Most years I day hunt the varios areas from Squamish through to hope and at the very least I see a few black-tail bucks. This year I saw a button buck early that I passed up and that was it.

If I am going to get skunked I might as well go down swinging, I'll be out from first light tomorrow. If I see any legal deer with bone it is hitting the ground! The freezer only has one deer in it this year and that was a roundhead from region 5!

Who else is heading out?

Good luck everyone and use your binos before your scope (got it again last sunday! )
    take a chain saw with you!! I have gear packed and will see what the night brings, but unless really bad I am goin to get out and have a look. would be plain shithouse luck to see anything but it beats the hell out of working. Good luck
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

They say the best time to see them is during the most miserable rain and wind storm. Good luck and play safe.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    take a chain saw with you!! I have gear packed and will see what the night brings, but unless really bad I am goin to get out and have a look. would be plain shithouse luck to see anything but it beats the hell out of working. Good luck
    I'm in the same boat if it gets as bad as they say I might hold off but as of now I am packed and ready to go. Will wake up and make the call. They say it is meant to be the strongest winds we have taken in the last five years if itgets stupid I'll stay home and work. I'm heading out goose and duck hunting on saturday as well hopefully it calms down.

As said have a safe day if you head out watch the widow makers.
    Always remember the rear end you kick today may be the one you need to kiss tomorrow.

Good luck. I am stuck at work. Be careful. I was hunting the timber yesterday and trees and branches were falling all around me. Sure made me nervous.

Just got back.

Skunked!

ya I got skunked yesterday as well. Was a good day to be out had more trouble getting out of Surrey with the winds than in the bush. Could not beleive the amount of snow, must have been 5' ft plus at the base of Hemlock.
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless