Thread: Chasing Gobblers

Chasing Gobblers

I am new here, and really interested in doing a turkey hunt in the spring. I have been looking at the Cranbrook or Creston areas. I have never hunted turkeys before and don't know a whole lot about them. I was looking for any information that could point me in the right direction and any useful tips. Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Chasing Gobblers

Ahhh, another Turkey thread, bless your heart Mini Moose. Here's a good website with some usefull info. Anything about Miriams' (our breed of Turkey) should help. Good Luck!

http://www.bowhunting.net/wildturkey...keySchool.html
    Dislexic's everywhere! Untie!!

Member,
    Mission Rod and
    Gun Club.

Thanks Kishman. The spring can't come soon enough for me.

May I recommend a video, Primos "The Art of Turkey Hunting" it's a good instructional tips about hunting turkey, calls, locating ect. Good luck.

And the National Wild Turkey Foundation Website has some good info.

http://www.nwtf.org/

I've been going down south hunting turkeys since it was still LEH. The most helpful website I've found is the National Turkey Hunting Foundation's site for calling tips etc. My best advice would be to actually get the calls and decoys and hunt them properly. I've seen a lot of people trying to drive around and shoot them like grouse with limited success depending on how much pressure the birds have been getting. Either buy a new 12 gauge that can handle a turkey choke or get an older gun modified to fit one; my model 1200 is capable of killing turkeys at just over 50m now when using #6 flight control turkey shells and a winchester superfull turkey choke.

I am happy to see that turkey hunting finds more interest here in British Columbia. Hunting turkeys is a challenge and lots of fun.

Here is another good website with solid information: Wild Turkey Fever. It is a new website, new and field proven information is added regularly.

There is also a lot of good information on this forum from discussions we had in the spring.

KISHMAN finds the Turkeys

Region 8 turkey

Turkey Hunting

Hope this info is of any help to you.

Oh yes, welcome in the turkey hunting camp.

WARNING: Turkey Hunting is Addictive!
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Thanks for all the help.

Todd