Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring grizzly hunting

Re: Spring grizzly hunting

Quote Originally Posted by just hunt View Post
    I thought the something too .had my step daughter put in 7 last year and got zero not even a cow elk here in fsj go figure
    Ha, well it didn't work for me neither, but I've seen it lots in the past 10 years.

Interesting...I have been in BC for 7 years and have had 3 griz tags. Seen many bears,,just no shooters or the set up was wrong, so I keep trying. Being from Northern Ontario, I have to tell you that although no system is going to be perfect, this BC system is light years ahead of the Ont system...I had actually quit hunting big game there about 2 years before I moved as there just didnt seem to be a point to it anymore. Only an act of God would get you a moose tag, whitetails are open season, but where they live there is too much private property so it became a city sport, and they cancelled the spring bear season a few years before so although there was a lot of bruins around, you cant kill em in the spring...so ya some wish the BC system was better,,but I am not sure how they could improve it without a negative impact on the wildlife.
    Good example is the fact that I saw more deer in the 1st 2 months of living here than I saw in my whole life in Ont.

adamgarbett is offline 🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻

I sent in mine and my wife's cards this morning via express post. I put in for 8-24 and 4-39 for each of us. Here's to Hoping I guess🙏
    i am moose jinxed

Not knowlegable on every area in BC for G bears..however many areas..and some really well in my oppinion there are as many grizzlies in most of these areas today as 25 years ago with the NOTEABLE exception of the Bella Coola valley system .There are many areas that see no grizzly hunting at all as those that draw dont go...and some areas seeing a shooter G bear is almost 100%...and a booner is most probable...get that G bear before they shut it down.

cheers and good luck

Steven

I've had 10 or 11 draws over the last 17 years and typically apply in zones with odds of 1.2:1 to 5:1. System seems to work fine but timing is important.
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

Quote Originally Posted by BCbillies View Post
    I've had 10 or 11 draws over the last 17 years and typically apply in zones with odds of 1.2:1 to 5:1. System seems to work fine but timing is important.
    How many grizz have you killed in the last 17 years with those draws BCbillies? Just am curious about your success rate on those tags. Man, just the idea of having a grizz tag in my pocket gets me excited for melting snow, avalanche chutes, and green grass!

adamgarbett is offline 🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻

I'm hoping me my wife and my new toy get to hunt some grizz this spring 😃

i am moose jinxed

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    How many grizz have you killed in the last 17 years with those draws BCbillies? Just am curious about your success rate on those tags. Man, just the idea of having a grizz tag in my pocket gets me excited for melting snow, avalanche chutes, and green grass!
    PM sent. More than 1 and less than 10!

Quote Originally Posted by bucks&trucks View Post
    I'm hoping me my wife and my new toy get to hunt some grizz this spring 

You've got yourself a big advantage with that unit . . . lucky you.
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

This year will be my 5th tag and my 5th season hunting grizzly. 54 days so far in the field. I've seen lots. I've seen shooters. But I just can't seem to make it happen. Hopefully this year is my year. They are out there. Apply, and find the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Only LEH I've ever had in 15 years was Grizzly. Saw one, looks good hanging on the wall. Timing is definitely important. Tried two previous weekends to get into the valley I wanted to hunt. Third try was $$.

Have been with many buddies with draws, taking them into some good spots....see lots, but no luck and frustrating for sure.

When you're lucky, you're lucky. Hopefully the guys with tags can shoot some bears.