Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring grizzly hunting

Re: Spring grizzly hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
    Your first time with BC's awesome system? Its easy to tell your green on this system as your expecting to get a tag. I know guys that put in for 2:1 odds for 21 years and don't get drawn. Our system has no guarantees except giving the Gov your donation. Good luck to you I hope your right, but more times than not our system will leave you with a bad taste in your mouth.
    Everybody seems to know somebody like that in Cranbrook. 99 times out of 100 it's complete and total BS.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
    Your first time with BC's awesome system? Its easy to tell your green on this system as your expecting to get a tag. I know guys that put in for 2:1 odds for 21 years and don't get drawn. Our system has no guarantees except giving the Gov your donation. Good luck to you I hope your right, but more times than not our system will leave you with a bad taste in your mouth.
    Ya I have no qualms on the fact that some odds and draws will be VERY interesting and hard to predict. I have lived under the priority system in Alberta and both have their benefits no doubt. I have no doubt that applying for random 'odds' makes things challenging and very hard to predict. I've selected an area that around the 5:1 odds as my first choice and am just crossing fingers and hoping for that one. My second choice is an area thats quite remote and has been well under the 1:1 odds every year in recent years. This year there is also a significant tag increase and its often used as a zone that will give 'leftover' tags as well. I'd think I'm not being TOO over-zealous in my assumption that there is a high chance of probability that I will be drawn for at least my second choice. Time will tell....

From what I've seen, every new hunter number person get their first LEH. I've witnessed it for around 30 people now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    From what I've seen, every new hunter number person get their first LEH. I've witnessed it for around 30 people now.
    Heh....if that was the case I should have skipped spring grizz this year and just applied for Kamloops Lake sheep!!!

add 3 to that...me and my buddies got our firsts too

Last year was my first year I applied for LEH as a new resident. Didn't get a spring grizzly tag but did get a fall tag and tried for the fun if it the Kamloops ram LEH with no success. I guess I didn't quite get that luck in the draw, I really wanted the Kamloops tag. Hahahaha
    Shoot straight or eat track soup.

I have applied every year since I started hunting(6 or 7 years) and have never got a draw but I still make the govt donation everyyear hoping maybe this is the year!

Quote Originally Posted by Call of the Wild View Post
    Last year was my first year I applied for LEH as a new resident. Didn't get a spring grizzly tag but did get a fall tag and tried for the fun if it the Kamloops ram LEH with no success. I guess I didn't quite get that luck in the draw, I really wanted the Kamloops tag. Hahahaha
    I tell any newbies to pick a good one for their first try, and they usually get it (moose/grizz).

I'm sure the coveted picks have other influences trumping the newbie card

Anyone have any info about the 1-14 1-15 area I have a boat and crew that is ready to go !! I know there maybe some first nation conflict and I see the closed areas on the map. But anything I am missing

I thought the something too .had my step daughter put in 7 last year and got zero not even a cow elk here in fsj go figure