Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BC Hunting Phone Survey

BC Hunting Phone Survey

Earlier this evening a tele-survey company contracted by the Ministry of Forests Lands and Natural Resource Operations (the provincial agency that regulates hunting) called me to talk about my hunting activities in BC.

They had numerous questions about hunting activites, species, regions and expenditures.

My strong hunch is that the government is trying to gather information around the economic benefits that come from resident hunters. This may be to help formulate future wildlife related budgets, or to test the waters for political reasons??? Either way I was keen to answer all of the questions and show just how much my hunting activities contribute to the economy of BC. It seems to me that the more $$ we can show that are put into the economy from our activities the larger our voice will be with Victoria.

I would strongly encourage others that are phoned to participate and show just how much resident hunters contribute and how valuable our wildlife resource is.

BB

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BC Hunting Phone Survey

I've always thought that your odds of an leh are better the further you travel to hunt!! I agree 100% if we can show hunting is helping to move the economic growth forward the better chance we have of more hunting opportunities......say what you will but that's the truth, it kills me to say but money (I believe) trumps conservation....
    just my 2 cents

Hope that's what they want, I hope I get the call.
    I use camouflage flagging tape when in the bush, that way no one see's my trails or follows me into my spots.

Just curious, did they ask if you hunted with a bow at all?
    Don't ever forget that you just may wind up being wrong!! -- Jimmy Buffet

Just Finished my Survey call and they asked if i purchased a bow or arrows but did not ask if i hunted with one ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by bugler View Post
    Just curious, did they ask if you hunted with a bow at all?
    Laugh right out loud!! Hahahaha If they call me I'll be sure to tell them I bowhunt and have fifty bows! snarf
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Testing thd waters, is it more profitable to continue to allow resident hunting, or would government be better served by selling the forest to private companies (as per Bill 8 sec 24). Include every cent spent.

Please keep the responses factual folks
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Earlier this evening a tele-survey company contracted by the Ministry of Forests Lands and Natural Resource Operations (the provincial agency that regulates hunting) called me to talk about my hunting activities in BC.

They had numerous questions about hunting activites, species, regions and expenditures.

My strong hunch is that the government is trying to gather information around the economic benefits that come from resident hunters. This may be to help formulate future wildlife related budgets, or to test the waters for political reasons??? Either way I was keen to answer all of the questions and show just how much my hunting activities contribute to the economy of BC. It seems to me that the more $$ we can show that are put into the economy from our activities the larger our voice will be with Victoria.

I would strongly encourage others that are phoned to participate and show just how much resident hunters contribute and how valuable our wildlife resource is.

BB[/QUOTE]

Give your head a shake. All they care about is how much they can raise fees for hunting licences and tags for BC residents.

We already pay more than our share for wildlife access. Tell them to go after the leaf-lickers who pay nothing but constantly seek to keep us hunters off the land so that they can view animals.

Trust me, we have seen this before. Especially from any gov't desperate for a balanced budget on the backs of its overtaxed citizens.

Trust me, they have NO CLUE what our impact on the economy is.... I know, I tried to educate them on it a couple years or so ago.
    Eyebrows were raised and eyeballs bugged.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean