Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: new hunter weekend workshop

Re: new hunter weekend workshop

This might not exactly be on topic but if this does end up happening you should do a decent amount of ethics on each topic ( hunting and fishing) I'd say more towards fishing considering the complete lack of consideration in rivers these days. I might be interested in taking part depending on topics covered.

I'd attend for sure. If for no other reason that the chance to meet other hunters besides i'm pretty confident that there's always something you can learn when two or more gather to discuss a hobby. looking forward to seeing what happens with this project.
    Genesis 27:3 (NIV1984)
    Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

This is what we need as newbies!! lots of us just have no clue what to do next. I have looked for this exact thing and found nothing until now. I can kill the heck outta paper and have had my boys out to shoot too, but I want more... I want to be able to do what my grandfather and Dad could do. Hunting seems to have missed a generation or two! knowledge, mentorship, is needed for expanding the lifestyle/sport unto further generations. if we dont use it we will for sure lose it.
    Last edited by k-dawg; 01-18-2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: I suck at spelling

I'll volunteer as cook/bottlewasher/headcounter/kid wrangler if my son can come. What an awesome idea. He needs archery - recurve and compound, shotgun/birds, and fly fishing. I know this is a lot of work so count me in for whatever help is needed.

Hey Dale, great idea, and perfect for guys like me.

I would be very interested in a course that teaches the basics on hunting. Demographics, interpreting sign, as well as some rudimentary training or knowledge on processing game.

Anything that makes me more confident in being able to find game by leaving my truck :S

Mark

so far we have had 8 positive responses.we were looking at between 40 and 60 people to make it economically viable,ie break even. the only two requirements will be a sleeping bag and foamt or cot , and a membership to the bcwf.i will put it on our website and news letter and in the outdoor edge.should we not reach out minimum number of 40 it will not happen.this was decided by our board as we just want to break even.....any questions ..just ask on here or pm. or dlvid@telus.net

Id be quite interested

Ill be volunteering my time and supplies

thx mikey,we have a good start on volunteer staff and suppliesneeded ,now all we need is the people to sign up .it will go in the bcwf news letter and the outdoor edge and the web sight soon....dale

I would be interested in anything that puts me in touch with others with similar interests.