Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowichan Bay hunters - time to write the Cowichan Valley Citizen

Re: Cowichan Bay hunters - time to write the Cowichan Valley Citizen

[QUOTE=Spy;1274421]Here is my updated draught letter please feel free to correct any errors or set me straight.
    Hunting of wildlife has been conducted in the Cowichan Bay for many years, long before Mrs Star was born. Mrs star states that it is a " questionable practice of killing wild animals for no good reason." I beg to differ, the ducks & geese that are harvested provide family's with a healthy alternative & good table fair! Hunting keeps the ever increasing bird populations in check. Increasing the yield on farmers fields providing "all" of us with more local produce.
    I have never seen a "whistling"/ Tundra swan in Cowichen bay. Trumpeter swans numbers are increasing throughout Canada and are protected. They are common and can be viewed by "children" in many fields & estuaries on Vancouver Island. She also claims hunters have,"Scared away and killed most other species of migrating ducks and water fowl." Not true the population has been steadily growing & populations are healthy! Ask the farmers who deal with crop damage, they will tell you the last couple years have been especially bad, "because of the high numbers of waterfowl". Maybe Mrs Star should open her eyes or get a good pair of binoculars. Sounds like 30 years of viewing has taken its toll on her eyes.
    Mrs Star also states a drop in tourism due to hunting. I would like to see where she get her stats from & feel she has made allot of this up to make herself look more credible. Waterfowl hunting takes place in the winter months which are traditionally poor for tourism in the area.

I am The president of two Island grown corporations and a contributing member to society. I have two young children 4 and 8 who have through hunting & its connection to nature been taught respect and to only harvest what we need for the table. I am not a macho man by any means, but a down to earth gentleman, who enjoys the out doors. To say that my children will turn into serial killers is laughable & unfounded. I quote "Most serial killers begin by killing and torturing animals. So let's breed more serial killers! More terror! More fun!""My ancestors passed down my hunting heritage to me and I'm doing the same with my children just likeMany Native people in the Cowichen Valley. They hunt & teach their children these very skills, that were taught to them by their forefathers. Is Mrs Starr also accusing native hunters of being & breeding serial killers? I find it very irresponsible for your news paper to even have published this letter, without doing any research of your own. I very much hope you publish my letter in response.

Kind regards
    Concerned Citizen

Iif that's the case, why isn't there shit loads of Native Indian serial killers??

sent mine yesterday.pretty sure this is the same broad i had a go around with in the paper a half dozen years ago.
    Last edited by kyleklassen; 01-17-2013 at 07:33 PM.
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

this would be the perfect time to go to council and ask that a hunting committee be formed that deal with hunting related problems.atleast it would give you an even playing field....my thoughts....fowl

The only point she makes that is even a little relavent is the garbage point. 90% of us clean up our mess, but there are a few that leave emptly shells laying around. People can leave all the garbage that they want but if there is one shotgun shell in the area all that garbage, regardless of who left it, came from hunters. I have seen it down in the bay many times. We can try to negate the only valid point she makes by being the good stewards of the environment that the majority of us are and pick up after ourselves, other hunters, and normal slobs. This should put to bed this one argument.

But what do I know I am just a serial killer, raising 3 serial killer children...........

Hey Tanya, take her to the farm and show her where her "meat" comes from. I think you guys are dariy but I am sure you have bull calves that turn into yummy yummy veal as well. Great letter by the way.
    My dinner ate my vegetables for me !

Jamie

Anyone that sent letters in hear back? I got an email asking what city I hail from.

This might be a good time to get all us "hunters" together & have a clean up in the area. Some good PR might go a long way. Im keen anyone else interested?Would be great to meat all you duck & goose "serial Killers".

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Anyone that sent letters in hear back? I got an email asking what city I hail from.
    Nope, but then I did include my phone #. Say you are in Vic, but hunt there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    Nope, but then I did include my phone #. Say you are in Vic, but hunt there.
    Yup I gave my number & said I live in Victoria & said I hunt up & down the Island

Well, it appears that three of us got our letters in on time. The Citizen posted them.
    Last edited by Tanya; 01-19-2013 at 08:22 AM.

NIce job folks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.