Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Periscope

Hunting Periscope

I have used a home made periscope for blind hunting, for several years now. All the game can see is the top of it, about the size of a sparrow looking over the log. You can even make it look like a sparrow. Then there is no need to remain absolutely still; you can pick your nose, or scratch your ass without any chance of spooking game.
    I used ABS pipe fittings ,a straight piece and a couple of elbows. Cut the back of the elbows at a 45 degree angle, then put elliptical mirrors from the dollar store on, then put the cut off piece over it and duct tape the works with camo duct tape.Light , easy to carry and works well. You can even attach a monocular to it.

2. Site Sponsor

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Re: Hunting Periscope

You could put a stuffed grouse over it, but that might get shot lol So what do you do it you see a deer in your periscope, do you pop up and just shoot hoping your sudden movement doesn't scare it off? Wouldn't it be btter top be concealed well with shooting lanes ? Have you used them well with success ?
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

You wait until the deer has passed you or is looking in a different direction ,before taking the shot.

So what do you use this for? You're sitting in a blind and it pokes out of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

please tell me you have pics of this in action!!!

WTF. I've heard it all now.

What do you do if it approaches from behind, play dead? ROFL

You could also use it for duck hunting by submerging yourself in the pond....

What has been suggested here is" Whatever you do, don't try innovate. Just do only that which everyone else is doing."suggested by those who have never come up with an original idea in their entire, boring lives.
    I see lie down blinds in Cabellas catalogue, for duck hunting. A periscope would be extremely handy for duck hunting. When you jump up and start shooting, the ducks have seen you anyway. A periscope just lets them get that much closer to you before they spot you.
    Ditto most game.
    Thinking of trying it for wolves. They may get too close to run out of range of the second or third shot

Don't worry all the great innovators were considered crazy in their time. It will be many years before your genius is realized

Add a duck commander logo to it and make a million!
    I'm going to the dogs.
    Airy Mtn. Airedales

You have to show us some pics!