Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2013

Re: My 2013

The word will be getting around now... all the deer celebs bitching about Coach and Ourea, the Deerparazzi spreading their gossip and pics: 'best and worst racks of winter 2013', 'most lopsided buck', 'Anorexic Mulies - the Inside Story!'. I'll subscribe tho!

Definitely keep them coming.

Quote Originally Posted by one-shot-wonder View Post
    If the "flooring fool" and the "golf geek" would make time in their scheds I would have some pred hunting partners.....enough flapping lets go!
    Floor fool is right. Gotta rip up the first part of the job this w/e and re-level the floor. Got no hair left to pull out.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

I went for a quick hike today - partly to get the dogs for a walk and also to check on game activity near where I placed my T-cam yesterday. There was lots of sign in the area - but I didn't see any new activity in front of my camera so I backed out and left everything alone. Hopefully we'll get some action soon.

While driving back home, I thought I spotted an animal sitting about 50 yards back in the trees off the FSR. Not sure what it was, I backed up and had another look. This time, I caught a glimpse of something slinking away. My immediate impression was bobcat or lynx. Based on the smaller size - I'm leaning toward bobcat. I left the truck running, grabbed my camera and closed the door to keep the dogs from running after the cat. I'm pretty anal about leaving a window open partially just in case the dog bumps my door locks. I almost deviated from my routine but at the last second cracked the window a little.

Chilko is very good at staying quiet when I leave her in the truck - but right now we're looking after another dog for a relative. Mickey ain't so fine.. He yelped incessantly as I tried to get into position to photograph the cat. It didn't take long to realize the gig was up and no pics of a live animal were going to happen. I did manage to photograph the tracks.

A quick google of my finding leaves me thinking it was, in fact a bobcat. I'm all ears if anyone has a different opinion:

I know where I want to be going with the Foxpro in the very near future!

Disappointed that I didn't get pics of the cat - I arrived back at the truck only to realize Mickey had managed to step on the door locks. Truck running - me on the outside! Fortunately, I was able to use a stick through the partially open window and unlock the vehicle.
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

I'm pretty anal about leaving a window open partially just in case the dog bumps my door locks. I almost deviated from my routine but at the last second cracked the window a little.

I arrived back at the truck only to realize Mickey had managed to step on the door locks. Truck running - me on the outside! Fortunately, I was able to use a stick through the partially open window and unlock the vehicle.
    Sometimes things have a funny way of working out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    Sometimes things have a funny way of working out!!!
    Ha ha! It was either dumb ass luck or preparation. Likely just the former..
    Resident Hunter

To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

nice one! i saw 2 more lynx at the spot i go just recently!
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

You guys are still on the Peachland-Kelowna backroad in MU 8-11 up from the 97 hwy, to the Last Mtn Ski hill I see.
    Lots of cats along that section. Lambley Lake and Jackpine lake area good mules some whites
    Good luck this season just south of Westbank thanks for the look see
    Jel
    Last edited by Jelvis; 01-16-2013 at 08:12 PM.

This buck is off one of Oureau's cameras. Still packing. It would be nice to give this one a couple more years to grow:

Come the end of Nov/2013 I bet you will drop him. Unless I get to him first. hehehehe
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Must be great having a dog or two that can behave themselves enough to go out with you. Except when they lock you out! Gonna have to wire a key underneath the truck somewhere.
    I'm stoked this thread is rolling.