Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: My 2013

Re: My 2013

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    No cocktails that night.
    Something to look forward too in 2014
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Well, I dont go back to work till the 7th so if anyone wants to go out predator hunting and want a newb tagging along, let me know!!

Coach and OSW - some helpful intel for you when using bait for coyotes and some pointers which have worked very well for me in the past: Now if you are hunting the bait pile and a pack of coyotes comes in (very likely), and you are successful in dusting off a couple dogs out of the pack, you have now educated the remaining surviving members of the pack about bait piles. The likelihood of them ever coming into bait piles again is next to none(especially in daylight hours). With that being said, here's how I've been able to smoke the whole pack using bait. Figure out how the coyotes are entering and exiting the bait pile. Once you have that figured out, hunt the trail they are using, not the actual bait. I\m usually a couple hundred yards away from the bait. By doing this, if you kill some of the coyotes from the pack off the trail but not all of them, the rest of the coyotes don't associate the bait with their buddies being killed. Therefore, the rest of the coyotes will keep coming into the bait, more than likely using a different path/trail. However, I have found them using the same trail even after a shooting. Rinse and repeat the formula and you should be able to put some fur on the wall.

The flipside to this is if you have the ability to line up the 3rd Battalion of the Canadian Military and the ability of put some serious lead in the air, hunt the bait and leave no survivors! Best of luck!
    Sheep and Shepherds, way too many of one and not enough of the other.....if you're reading this, stop spending too much time on the internet and get into the bush!

The bait area lends itself nicely to accompanying a battalion! I will monitor things and advise. If it heats up we will call in the reinforcements....... Standby

Quote Originally Posted by Elk-Aholic View Post
    Coach and OSW - some helpful intel for you when using bait for coyotes and some pointers which have worked very well for me in the past: Now if you are hunting the bait pile and a pack of coyotes comes in (very likely), and you are successful in dusting off a couple dogs out of the pack, you have now educated the remaining surviving members of the pack about bait piles. The likelihood of them ever coming into bait piles again is next to none(especially in daylight hours). With that being said, here's how I've been able to smoke the whole pack using bait. Figure out how the coyotes are entering and exiting the bait pile. Once you have that figured out, hunt the trail they are using, not the actual bait. I\m usually a couple hundred yards away from the bait. By doing this, if you kill some of the coyotes from the pack off the trail but not all of them, the rest of the coyotes don't associate the bait with their buddies being killed. Therefore, the rest of the coyotes will keep coming into the bait, more than likely using a different path/trail. However, I have found them using the same trail even after a shooting. Rinse and repeat the formula and you should be able to put some fur on the wall.

The flipside to this is if you have the ability to line up the 3rd Battalion of the Canadian Military and the ability of put some serious lead in the air, hunt the bait and leave no survivors! Best of luck!
    hahaha good intel! that makes a lot of sense as those critters don't get the name wiley for no reason.

This thread is dead! Thanks to all the people who contributed to a phenomenal 2013. Best wishes to everyone at HBC for a healthy and prosperous 2014.
    Last edited by coach; 12-31-2013 at 11:12 PM.
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

Dare I add another. Happy New Year to you and yours... look forward to 'my 2014'.