Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2013

My 2013

Last May I started a thread called, "The Start of a Booner Season". The idea of the thread was to share pics and stories from spring bear season through the end of whitetail bow season in an effort to inspire others to get out and spend more time in the outdoors and to share their own hunting related stories here on HBC. With over 60,000 views, I'm guessing the thread did a lot of what I'd intended when I started it.

Along the way, I shared some awesome experiences with my family and introduced them to the HBC community. I also met several really good people through this site - people that I now consider good friends. I was very fortunate to be in on several successful hunts throughout the year and was able to photograph a lot of amazing animals. Recently, I've been scouting - on foot and via trail camera - in preparation for the 2013 season. Many pics of that process have been shared and I will continue to share many more throughout the coming year.

Although new pics are being taken every week, I figure it's time to kill last year's thread and start a new one. Here goes..
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

2. Site Sponsor

Re: My 2013

Subscribed!!!

Ha Ha! Thanks, BCDH! Looking forward to your posts this year! You had a pretty darn good 2012 season.
    Resident Hunter

To post pics on HBC:

5- thank the Coach

Today I went out for a hike with my gf, Tracy and One-shot-wonder along with 3 canine companions, Chilko, Jaeger and Mickey. We've got a couple t-cams out and wanted to get in and have a look at who's been strolling by to have their pictures taken.

Hiking through knee deep snow with 50 pounds in my pack means I get to enjoy an extra beer tonight. Nothing like getting a little exercise in the middle of January.

Resident Hunter

To post pics on HBC:

5- thank the Coach

Along the way, we spotted 7 mule deer and 5 whitetails. 4 of the MD were fawns and one of the WT's had either triplets or twins plus an orphan (one fawn was quite a bit smaller than the other 2). The animals in this area look to be pretty healthy - but we'll be keeping an eye on them as the winter goes along.

I didn't photograph the whitetails - but wish I had. They ran across a hill side a few hundred yards away from us. I always find WT's fun to watch. When they run, they can cover ground pretty quickly. I've often wondered, who would win a race between a WT and an MD. I got my answer today.. the WT's were flying when all of a sudden a MD doe came bouncing up behind them and passed them like they were standing still. It was cool to see! Just wish I'd had the camera rolling.
    Resident Hunter

To post pics on HBC:

5- thank the Coach

With three dogs accompanying us on the hike, we didn't spot any deer - but I did watch this snow owl land on a cut of tree about 150 yards away. Zoomed in 140x - here's the pics I got:

Resident Hunter

To post pics on HBC:

5- thank the Coach

Beautiful owl, other than one person I can think of, you blow everyone else out of he water with your photography skills!!! How did your t-cams do, any whities still packing head gear??

Quote Originally Posted by Bc Deer Hunter View Post
    Beautiful owl, other than one person I can think of, you blow everyone else out of he water with your photography skills!!! How did your t-cams do, any whities still packing head gear??
    We have 450 videos to go through on the one camera. So far, the bucks we've looked at have dropped. Our second camera had 1900 pics of a doe and two fawns.. Setting have been changed on that camera! Ourea has a couple of cams out a little further south of us and he has pics of 5 that are still packing headgear. Waiting for him to send them to me and I'll post 'em up.
    Resident Hunter

To post pics on HBC:

5- thank the Coach

Always a treat to follow you along for the season. Certainly will be tuned in to 2013. Hopefully, with a little luck maybe, you'll find that nice last year 5 point elk again with an extra point, and cut your tag this year. Wouldn't that be nice? Good luck coach!
    Always EXPECT the UNEXPECTED!

Thanks, Hunterdon! Cutting an elk tag is definitely at the top of my list for 2013. Best of luck to you too. May the LEH gods be good to you.
    Resident Hunter

To post pics on HBC:

5- thank the Coach