Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reg 2 Trophy Sign

Re: Reg 2 Trophy Sign

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound
    See now I read that and just assumed he meant that he could tell it was a blacktail and not an elk or something cause of the tracks. Cause here on the coast you can find HUGE rubs. Blacktail and elk in same habitat.
    Thanks !!! Ya beat me to it!

oops, i didnt even consider elk as a possibility. makes much more sense now.
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

Hmm as as scrapings as high as 6 ft. Did you consider the poss. that an elk made the rub, and a curious blacky went and sniffed it or re-rubbed it a little. And that would explain the tracks!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

Actually if the deer moved slightly higher up on the slope that would give him a bit more reach! Also the bulk of the rub was a bit lower! Look at the pic. again! But trust me as there are some giants around some of my spots To bad a guy didn't have more time!

Definatly been cotimplating the T-cam. Would probably help to back up the story! Also ther are very few Elk around. Personally I've not seen them for 15 years..

Hey T, there was an elk that got hit on the hwy last year (3point) around Annis rd, they are far and few between, probly hang out on the states side more than anything but there must be the odd one around, probly end up getting lungworm around those parts? I know it doesn't have much to do with the original question, but there are elk around, just very ellusive.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

but there are elk around, just very ellusive.
    That's about to change with the re-introduction of animals to the top end of Stave and Indian river systems.

Great pics T-bone, always gets the blood warm just finding things like that even without animals.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy
    Hey T, there was an elk that got hit on the hwy last year (3point) around Annis rd, they are far and few between, probly hang out on the states side more than anything but there must be the odd one around, probly end up getting lungworm around those parts? I know it doesn't have much to do with the original question, but there are elk around, just very ellusive.
    Yup, true enough! The neighbor up here says 2 years ago that he looked out his window and to his surprise stood a 5 pt roosie!!!! Not to mention a spike that was seen by a co-worker running parallel too prest rd. in the middle of the day last fall. I also heard rumors bout the same spike in Canors Nursery!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco
    That's about to change with the re-introduction of animals to the top end of Stave and Indian river systems.

and the upper Pitt
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

boys I have seen a whack of rubs like those on Sumas MTN as well and they are full blackie rubs. why constantly trash a guys photos??? Mark have you said a not confrontational comment this year??? like come on! granted there might be an elk in the 604 area code but it aint rubbin every tree a guy walks to. pretty soon all were gonna see is people holding animals way to far out from them and nothing interesting.

Sorry if I went off topic but come on. Just because we dont live on the rock doesnt mean theyre not blacktails.

That's ok T-Bone. we know it is a BT cuz I wacked it. You've seen the pics blacktail3113, they are in my gallery.

Hey browning boy! now you got my girl beside your name now! LOL