Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reg 2 Trophy Sign

Reg 2 Trophy Sign

Well this season for Blacktails has left me empty handed.. Been out lots pre, early and late season only to turn up nothing worthy of the wall!! Biggest bein a 3x3 with brow tines but still a young buck! Lots of you might ask why didn't you take him? The answer is that between Steady and I we still have meat from the year before after our very succesful season! All wasn't a waste as I found some awesome new hidey holes and some real late wintering area. This area was trampled and browsed clean like they had been corraled, it was insane! The best part about this area was the rub I found! It has to be the biggest BT rub I've ever found! The ground at the base proved to me that it was indeed a BT as you could see his tracks where he was diggin in.Unfortunatly when the snow level retreated so did the the bulk of the deer. Even though I didn't get one I was rewarded with some sign of a biggun that should hopefully be around for a new season!

At the top of this pic. you can see where the tines scratched at 6 ft. nose level for me!

Heres looking downhill at the same rub!
    Last edited by ~T-BONE~; 12-12-2006 at 12:45 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Reg 2 Trophy Sign

Trail cam in order in that area? Nice rub

I bet that deer has been rubbing that tree for a couple yrs now!

thats not a bad little rub hey.lol.what mu were you in?

Thumbs up Re: Reg 2 Trophy Sign

Some Good looking sign !
    Keeps the fire burning for next year

Hey Tbone, had to show you one I find behind my place. Same area as last year but a new one from this fall! Already a t-cam in place but no sign of him. Hope he didn't get shot!
    Last edited by Greenhead; 12-14-2006 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhead
    Hey Tbone, had to show you one I find behind my place. Same area as last year but a new one from this fall! Already a t-cam in place but no sign of him. Hope he didn't get shot!

Probably between the loop rd. and upper rural property on the bench no?

Buddy hunted up there and found a deer but couldn't see any antlers.. He swore it was one, but by this time it decided to get hell outa there! To slow it only had one huge 3pt. antler.

Hey T-bone, one quo for ya. You say from the base of the rub you can tell it was definately a BT. Whats the diff between mulie and BT tracks???? Size???
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

See now I read that and just assumed he meant that he could tell it was a blacktail and not an elk or something cause of the tracks. Cause here on the coast you can find HUGE rubs. Blacktail and elk in same habitat.

Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Hey T-bone, one quo for ya. You say from the base of the rub you can tell it was definately a BT. Whats the diff between mulie and BT tracks???? Size???
    Sorry I should have specified saying that it was not elk. But the tracks indicated at the base of the tree that it was indeed a buck!!! Being in region 2-2 that it would be a BT................I've never in my time seen mulies in this region! More likely to see BT in region 3.This is no where even close!