Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gone in 60 seconds for ........

bone-collector Guest

gone in 60 seconds for ........

ok gang have a great and safe hunting season , Im out of here in 9 hours to spatzizi park to go play with some 60" moose again (guiding) and when I get back myself and anphibious are going after my leh bull here, so it will be a while before I spend time BS'n again

good luck on your hunts again , lets see some fresh pics this fall , see if I can add a few more as well

Rob

2. Site Sponsor

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson
    Hope you do well Rob and can't wait to see the pictures. I am off deer/goose hunting today myself....but only for the day.
    Mike
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

hey rob hope u have a good guiding trip...
    good luck stix..i m going out this morning too in about 15 minutes or so..just for deer though
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

See Rob, you're bad luck! the day you leave, I shoot a nice bear :P

I;m sure I'll hear all your stories on our moose hunt. Moose for you, Chicken genocide pour moi!

hey willer u got another bear??? where u hunting with chris???
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I got home last night from hunting in McLeese lake to find Amphibious's bear hanging in my barn. I go away for a day and Chris starts filling up my barn again. Congrats on the bear. We will be cutting it up for you later this week. Send me a PM and let me know how you want it done.
    Chris H.

Chris said something about thursday - figure I bring two coolers full of beer and we cut up a bear? of course to fit the bear in the coolers we'll have to make some room

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson
    Saw geese but of course they were on the "closed" side of the road. No deer but didn't really hit the deer areas. We did however go for a bear hunt up a creek. The bears were not yet thick in it but we did find some very very fresh salmon kills. We will go back in 2 weeks.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

I think if you bring a cooler that should be enough. You should get about 60# of straight meat boned out and ground into burger. Looking forward to meeting you. By the way, what ever gave you the idea that Chris and I drink beer.. Could it have been the few empties in the barn???????

Well it looks like Willer isn't going to blow his own horn so I'll do it for him. He made 2 great shots on that bear!! 1st shot the bear was sitting facing us at about 275-285 yds....out of comfortable range for his 303 so I passed over the trusty .270 and told him to aim for the forehead. BOOM!!! down goes the bear and starts rolling down the hill a bit.....BOOM!!! miss, bears now up again and running sidehill from left to right. BOOM!!! bear cartwheels and comes to a stop in some immature pine. First shot took the bear dead in the top of the chest....maybe an inch to the right of the spine. 3rd shot, on the run@270+yds took him in the front shoulder. Pretty fine shooting if you ask me! Willer sure was game on that bad leg too, he went through a slash covered in rolling hills to get to his bear..... I could tell it was hurtin him, and collapsed on him a few times.....pretty gutsy effort!!. Any week-end warriors who give up cause there a bit tired or sore could learn something from this guy. Unfortunately the bad leg cost him a real nice buck first thing in the morning because he couldn't get out of the truck quite fast enough....oh well, lots of season left!!

Congrats again and well done Willer!!
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson